Main Menu

MID Structures

Started by POK252, October 07, 2012, 09:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POK252

We've heard the term "the game is won and lost in the midfield" plenty of times. But for DT next year I really think the midfield is going to be very important in whether or not u have a successful year.

Theres the usual premiums like Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Pendles etc, the up and coming stars like Murphy & Cotchin. Then theres those who are likely to lose DPP e.g Deledio, Beams.
Mid-Price options such as Ball, Embley, Moloney, Rischitelli (you may have your own hidden gem)
Then the rookies - high draft picks like Whitfield, Toumpas, Viney (am hoping he slips to pick 26 so we can pick him up for 100k, STEAL!!!!), O'Meara & Crouch who were picked up by GC and Adel last year. Then there could be mature-age recruits like Dean Towers who could come along.

So what structure are u going with next year ATM?? For me I'm thinking of going Ablett, Boyd, Cotchin, Pendles & Murphy with Viney (100k) O'Meara and Crouch as the rooks. Just think the midfield premiums are the highest scoring and most consistent players meaning it'll be easier to pick up the more inconsistent defenders/forwards at a lower price :)

Mr.Craig

I'll be going 4/4 but if the forward and back rookies don't come along then I might be tempted into 3/5. Doubt very highly I'll pick a mid-pricer but we'll see.

Spinking

I've used the 2 gun, 6 rook strategy the past 3 years. Main reason for this is that mid rookies generally increase in price quicker and go higher than other lines. More cash made, better upgrades. Finished top 500 this year, but generally start slow going with more rookies - was 50k after 4 rounds.

13Brummy

Probably a 4/4 or a 4/1/3 structure.

Ablett, swan, Pendles, Murphy as the premiums

Tominator

Ollie Wines from VIC Country is another gun pick in the midfield, and he will play senior footy straight away I reckon. Should go top 10 and could even crack the Top 5 if Viney isn't taken with Pick 3. Locked.

Jimmy Toumpas miiiight get MID/DEF DPP and I'll get him for sure... O'Maera and Crouch are locks; Whitfield is a maybe and Ben Kennedy and Sam Mayes - both SA lads - will get MID/FWD so with the quality of MID rooks coming through, I'll get one or both of them in the forward line but neither in the mid

Will probably go 4/4 or maybe a 3/1/5

wharf_army

Backs, Mids and fowards next year looking at starting with 3 premiums, 3 mid pricers, rest rookie
Rucks 1 Premium, Lueneberger, rookies

My reason for this is there a lot of mid pricers -  coming back from injury or free agency changing club for opportunity
There also isn't a new side entering afl this year compared to lost to years with GCS, GWS

There may possibly be less quality rookies to pick from that will get consistent games and scores

Mids possibility

Swan, Ablett, Mundy, Moloney, Christensen, Rischetelli, Crouch, O'Meara, Koby Stevens

Thoughts on a mid structure like this?

Hoggyz_a_legend

Atm I'm going with either a 3-1-4 or a 4-0-4 structure.

I'm most likely going with a 4-2-3 defense, 1-Leuenberger-2 rucks and a 3-3/4-2/1 forward line.

There's heaps of star rookie midfielders, and as far as I know, a handful of fantasy freindly defenders, rucks and forwards, so I will put a few mid pricers in there, especially in the forward line.

Ziplock

zeddyzed

Started with Swan, Ablett, Boyd and Pendles last year, but the cheap rucks made this possible ie Giles, Hmac. Last year teams that started with Hayes were getting real bang for their buck, with 90-100 week in week out for only 350k (or was it 370k?). I think Ball will be invaluable at the start this season, at such a low price he is a great mid 4, who'll make money quickly and become a great stepping stone.

Stacking the mids with rookies will be hard without the expansion teams, plus the sub rule seriously screws with this strategy now. A sub affected score can put a complete stop to a rookies cash making potential, so i think this strategy is almost dead IMO. It would suck to start with 6 rookie mids in the hope of quick cash generation, only to see the sub rule destroy your season.

3-1-4 is what i'll probably end up with, but 4-0-4 always works well.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: zeddyzed on October 10, 2012, 03:15:45 PM
Stacking the mids with rookies will be hard without the expansion teams, plus the sub rule seriously screws with this strategy now. A sub affected score can put a complete stop to a rookies cash making potential, so i think this strategy is almost dead IMO. It would suck to start with 6 rookie mids in the hope of quick cash generation, only to see the sub rule destroy your season.

The biggest problem I'd see with having a rookie heavy midfield is copping one of those sub affected scores on the field rather than facing a lack of price rises. Coming from such a low base they are able to turn it around and make money again relatively quickly, it just means you're forced to cash them out a bit later in order to get the full benefit.

Tominator

I'll probably wait til the draft is done so I get a rough idea of prices (judging by who gets picked where)

Viney at Pick 26 is locked in though

Scrads

Quote from: Tominator on October 10, 2012, 04:58:49 PM
I'll probably wait til the draft is done so I get a rough idea of prices (judging by who gets picked where)

Viney at Pick 26 is locked in though

Yeah I'm not even making a fanplanner team until all of the official positions and prices are out. All I am doing is going through a long list of options and just considering whether peeps are good in my head. Have a few names in my mind that are reasinably locked, but won't form a team for a while yet ;)

Footy_Boiz

monstrum

Gaj
Cotchin
Watson
Beams
Ball
Varcoe
Viney
Thoumpas

What u think of that...

Tominator

Quote from: monstrum on October 11, 2012, 05:51:44 AM
Gaj
Cotchin
Watson
Beams
Ball
Varcoe
Viney
Thoumpas

What u think of that...

You reckon Varcoe will be MID?

Toumpas could be DEF/MID and if he is I'll get him in DEF.

I'd look at O'Meara and/or Crouch