2008 GAMES: 21   AVERAGE: 91

2009 GAMES: 21   AVERAGE: 93

2010 GAMES: 22   AVERAGE: 89

2011 GAMES: 13  AVERAGE: 88

2012 GAMES: 19   AVERAGE: 74

CAREER HIGHS

SUPERCOACH: 154 vs Melb 2008

DREAMTEAM: 140 vs WB 2007

VERDICT:   Having played the majority of his career as a midfielder Cassisi was required to play in defence this year and is classified as a Defender for 2013. With a new coach (Ken Hinkley) at Port for 2013 will they decide to move Cassisi back to the midfield id like to think they will. With Pittard and Surjan coming back into the Defence this might help his chances.

From 2007 - 2011 he's played midfiled and averaged close to 90 every year when it comes to defenders anyone averaging between 85-90 you would consider them as a top 10 defender. I would be happy if my 7th defender was averaging between 85-90. I dont think it would take much for him to return to a 85-90 average.  Keep an eye on Dom in the preseason if he plays Nab as a midfielder you would have to strongly consider him.

PREDICTION:  If he plays as a midfielder 85-90 ..if he plays as a defender then probably more of the same 70-80

For some reason he's classified as a midfielder in 2013   :o

/////////////////////////

he's in my team

he'll be the 2nd best dom in my side

Ajax22

Good pickup. As a defender he's definitely worth consideration and will now go on the watchlist

Adamant

Was just about to do Dom  :P
He will be underpriced after playing injured nearly all year with a hip flexor I think.
With him nearing the 30 mark though, Im not sure if he can get back to that 85-90 average...
Will keep him shortlisted.

Football Factory

Quote from: Adamant on October 07, 2012, 09:16:21 PM
Was just about to do Dom :P
He will be underpriced after playing injured nearly all year with a hip flexor I think.
With him nearing the 30 mark though, Im not sure if he can get back to that 85-90 average...
lol .. normally i do one and then i find a link to a previous profile (not added to the list)  :'(

Adamant

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 07, 2012, 09:26:10 PM
Quote from: Adamant on October 07, 2012, 09:16:21 PM
Was just about to do Dom :P
lol .. normally i do one and then i find a link to a previous profile (not added to the list)  :'(
Yeah, that happened to me once...so frustrating haha.

Spinking

Wow, wasn't even on my radar before this. If he is listed as a def but starts playing in the guts, I might get on. Not loving that price but if he can get back to those earlier averages then well worth it.

Footy_Boiz

Would prefer duffield or even Hanley at that price

POK252

Hmmm if Viney is taken at pick #26 that would free up some cash to potentially go Harbrow - Cassisi. Not sure if I'd do that or not though :/

Capper

Port look like they are falling apart looking from the outside and the fact that Dom is now 30 is a worry also

His DPP only makes him a maybe for me

henry

Yeah I'm worried about his age also. Will consider and watch in NAB cup, but I agree I prefer Duffman at that price.

The_Captain

Could be a good option at that price.. Hopefully he can push the 85-90 average..

Ajax22

Port seem like a team under fire so they could really go either way this year. They could come out firing under adversity with a new coach or they could just fold under the pressure. What's everyones thoughts on Hinkley? He's still most likely to get the job yea?

Ricochet

For only 50k more you will get yourself a top 10 defender.
No thanks Dom