2013 Player Profile: Chris Knights

Started by Football Factory, October 07, 2012, 03:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM

Locked in at f5 aswell .
Seems a bargain at the price.As Mr Craig says a 75 ave will do for 6 or 7 rounds.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 28, 2012, 12:20:13 AM
Worth a punt at F5/F6 I reckon.

Not expecting the world, a 75 average and 140k price rise would be enough to make me happy. Anything more would be a bonus.
He has to make the first team and play a bunch of games first, sure that's what happened to Maric last year but are Richmond that bad Knights gets an automatic game? I'm not sure they are anymore

GM

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 28, 2012, 12:49:02 AM

Not expecting the world, a 75 average and 140k price rise would be enough to make me happy. Anything more would be a bonus.
He has to make the first team and play a bunch of games first, sure that's what happened to Maric last year but are Richmond that bad Knights gets an automatic game? I'm not sure they are anymore
Why would richmond pick him up?Maybe to play a high forward and kick goals.

tbagrocks

Quote from: greenmoon on December 28, 2012, 12:53:03 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on December 28, 2012, 12:49:02 AM

Why would richmond pick him up?Maybe to play a high forward and kick goals.
Wasn't that his role at Adelaide :o

underdog11

Another factor is that he is in there best 22 and the forward rooks arent doing much for me, worst case scneario averages 75-80 solid cash cow. Best case scneario averages 85-90 a even better cash cow. You really cant go wrong IMO, a calculated risk. If you look at his numbers he has so many sub affected scores without sub and injury in 2011 when he averaged 75,he had a 20, 23, 43 all as sub, he would of avg'd 87!!. In 2010 with his 66, without his 4 from injury, he had an 82 average, these are all very solid numbers, even this year he had a sub score for 69. If you thoroughly research him you will see he has more reward then risk. A very handy pick, lock and load!!

Windigo

Hit the nail on the head Underdog.

At worst he will be a decent cash cow for the fwd line. See how he goes NAB cup.

azza707

i would post the article, but i read something about an interview with hardwick and it went something along the lines of.....

blah blah blah.... and we have also picked up players like Knights and Lonergan who can slot straight into our midfield...

I know its not the be all and end all, but i think hes a pretty safe bet in terms of JS

kilbluff1985

Quote from: azza707 on December 28, 2012, 05:46:31 PM
i would post the article, but i read something about an interview with hardwick and it went something along the lines of.....

blah blah blah.... and we have also picked up players like Knights and Lonergan who can slot straight into our midfield...

I know its not the be all and end all, but i think hes a pretty safe bet in terms of JS

And replace who exactly?

Windigo

They'll find a spot, as long as he plays somewhere.  :P

azza707

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 28, 2012, 05:55:31 PM

And replace who exactly?

Im not sure, im just repeating what he said. relax hey. trying to be helpful here. like i said i would have posted the link if i could find it again :\

underdog11

And replace who exactly?

Are you joking? Knights has full JS, maybe rather then think who will replace think of 7 forwards and think how easily he makes it. He will play off Half forward King is no spring chicken he will go deeper, they have Riewoldt, Vickery, Nahas, King, Edwards, Edwards and Knights. He definetly has JS, and if he doesnt then there is no rookie that has. Before you question a coach maybe do your'e research.

tbagrocks

Is this the same Chris Knights who has played 26 games in 3 years for Adelaide?

Why would we be joking about a player who has not been in the best 22 for three years at another club? What's so wrong with questioning his js?

Manbearpig

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 28, 2012, 11:03:06 PM
Is this the same Chris Knights who has played 26 games in 3 years for Adelaide?

Why would we be joking about a player who has not been in the best 22 for three years at another club? What's so wrong with questioning his js?

I think it's OK to question his JS, although I think he will play most games (barring injury) and average 80+. Similar to Ivan Maric's transformation to gun ruck, I'm hoping Knights can improve upon his output at the Crows and hold down a forward spot until the byes.

Knights is better than most of Richmond's other small forwards, isn't he?

Mr.Craig

Here is m0nty's take on Richmond's best 22...

Quote from: m0nty on December 03, 2012, 04:51:13 PM
Richmond
FB: Steven Morris, Alex Rance, Dylan Grimes
HB: Bachar Houli, Troy Chaplin, Chris Newman
C: Shaun Grigg, Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio
HF: Dustin Martin, Tyrone Vickery, Robin Nahas
FF: Shane Edwards, Jack Riewoldt, Aaron Edwards
Fol: Ivan Maric, Shane Tuck, Nathan Foley
Int: Chris Knights, Jake King, Reece Conca, Brandon Ellis

While I don't pretend to be an expert on the Tigers' list, I think that looks about right. If anyone can come up with a player that they feel would be ahead of Knights and keep him out of the team I'd be happy to hear the argument.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: underdog11 on December 28, 2012, 10:26:35 PM

And replace who exactly?

Are you joking? Knights has full JS, maybe rather then think who will replace think of 7 forwards and think how easily he makes it. He will play off Half forward King is no spring chicken he will go deeper, they have Riewoldt, Vickery, Nahas, King, Edwards, Edwards and Knights. He definetly has JS, and if he doesnt then there is no rookie that has. Before you question a coach maybe do your'e research.

Hardwick says they can slot straight into the midfield not the forward line as you are saying, they have a fairly strong midfield so yes i do question his JS and rightly so because as TBAG says 26 games in 3 years is not exactly great