Main Menu

Possible trade for Monfries

Started by kilbluff1985, October 07, 2012, 01:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

what?

if you have no issue with getting monfries for pick 48, then what's the issue? if that's what the clubs happy with (and it is), then making another club content isn't really much of an issue :S

the afl isn't going to step in for anything that stops port from failing :P

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on October 09, 2012, 01:58:31 PM
what?

if you have no issue with getting monfries for pick 48, then what's the issue? if that's what the clubs happy with (and it is), then making another club content isn't really much of an issue :S

the afl isn't going to step in for anything that stops port from failing :P

This

kilbluff1985

You still don't get it.

AFEV

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on October 09, 2012, 02:02:58 PM
You still don't get it.
I'm really not sure I do.

So far with free agency this is our situation -

Brendon Goddard + #48 FOR Angus Monfries.

Brendon Goddard as been in St Kildas B22 for years and will be in ours.

AND we got pick 48!

That's obviously not an even gain/loss for us either...So I'm not sure what the problem is.

kilbluff1985

It does not have to be an even gain/loss for us i keep saying this has nothing to do with us being happy or not we are not getting compo picks so nothing that comes to us has to be an even gain/loss.

Port are getting compo Picks which is why they had WANTED to do a trade for Monfries to make sure it was an EVEN gain/loss or tried to make it look like one so again my point is i strongly think he was worth there 2nd Round Pick to them NOT to us the AFL should decrease one of there compo picks value by a round to even things out to even there gain/loss

it's not going to happen this time but i think rules should be changed in future where if a club looses 1 or 2 players under free agency they then cant trade in a player cheaply to avoid losing compo picks

Ziplock

it's not giving them an unfair advantage, it's what the rules are intended for, and any club can do it...

fact is, if essendon really thought he was worth the 2nd round pick, and port really thought he was worth the second round pick, that's the trade that would have happened.

but they didn't

so it didn't.

kilbluff1985

ok well at least you understand my point now lol