2013 SuperCoach Player Profile: Greg Broughton

Started by AFEV, October 07, 2012, 07:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Only concern I have with him is that Gold Coast share the bye with Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon so there maybe 3/4 players missing from defence for this round if going for overall. (Goddard and Gibbs will be in most teams).  Need to look at structures to ensure you have maximum points from 18 players in each of the bye rounds

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ringo on December 31, 2012, 10:57:37 AM
Only concern I have with him is that Gold Coast share the bye with Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon so there maybe 3/4 players missing from defence for this round if going for overall. (Goddard and Gibbs will be in most teams).  Need to look at structures to ensure you have maximum points from 18 players in each of the bye rounds

starting probably 15 premiums i'm going to try and have 5 from each bye round but round 13 might have to be 6 premos might not get GAJ in until after his bye i think hopefully as my last mid upgrade :)

Ringo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 31, 2012, 12:38:44 PM

starting probably 15 premiums i'm going to try and have 5 from each bye round but round 13 might have to be 6 premos might not get GAJ in until after his bye i think hopefully as my last mid upgrade :)
Bit hard to get the 5.5.5 and maintain a sound team structure, Round 12 is the killer for this structure as not a lot of premiums there.  My current team is 6,3,6 of the 15 premiums.

kilbluff1985

TEAM NAME: FIGJAM
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, G. Broughton, N. Vlastuin, L. Osborne, B. Goodes (J. Pittard, S. Docherty)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, K. Jack, N. Fyfe, L. Ball, O. Wines, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (M. Daw, S. Rowe)
FWD: D. Cox, T. Rockliff, S. Johnson, D. Thomas, S. Wellingham, B. Staker (T. Lee, B. Kennedy)
CASH LEFT: $19,500

that's got 5 round 12 premos Wellingham good be Christensen or even Hurn in def so it can be done and still look pretty good, Jack could be JPK or A.Swallow

Torress

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 31, 2012, 12:38:44 PM

GAJ has to be the lock. he is the one player who could just keep his price over 700k for a period of time and stuff u about. he is just a lock and load type no matter of what the price is. its almost like having christiano ronaldo back in the day premier league - ultimate captain just does it all. which stat don't you see with a number next to it in the paper after gazza plays. maybe HO only. the bloke is awsome

kilbluff1985

well i think he is going to decline a bit this year as GC improves and he probs spend more time up forward

meow meow

What is so appealing about Broughton? I don't see it.

He has played 4 seasons, and in 3 of them he has played just 15 games.
He's going to play purely as a backman. No midfield time.

If you want a player who is prone to missing games but has a lot of upside, surely the money would be better spent on Sylvia or Higgins?

SydneyRox

he has shown that he can be a fantasy pig though. all depends on his roles in NAB for mine

kilbluff1985

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 03, 2013, 12:46:58 AM
he has shown that he can be a fantasy pig though. all depends on his roles in NAB for mine

yeah but he might be told to just go where he wants during the NAB and play his real role during the season so NAB can be misleading

Jay

I think he falls into the never again category for me - just too frustrating

quinny88

Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2013, 12:29:10 AM

If you want a player who is prone to missing games but has a lot of upside, surely the money would be better spent on Sylvia or Higgins?

What makes you think he will get no mid time at all? He will still rotate through there at stages

meow meow

Quote from: quinny88 on February 03, 2013, 01:03:47 PM

What makes you think he will get no mid time at all? He will still rotate through there at stages

Well when the coach and the player themself say that he will be playing as a half back, I tend to believe them. There has been no talk at all from GC mentioning Broughton as a midfielder. Quite the opposite. When they were saying Harbrow will get more midfield time, they said Broughton will be a permanent backman.

quinny88

Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2013, 03:29:06 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 03, 2013, 01:03:47 PM

Well when the coach and the player themself say that he will be playing as a half back, I tend to believe them. There has been no talk at all from GC mentioning Broughton as a midfielder. Quite the opposite. When they were saying Harbrow will get more midfield time, they said Broughton will be a permanent backman.

Yeah but they were reffering to the sway he used to make between half back and half forward. He is going to cement himself at half back (rather than half forward) but he will still always rotate through the middle. Nearly every half back flanker does these days. Half back flank is a high scoring position anyway for SC players