2013 SuperCoach Player Profile: Greg Broughton

Started by AFEV, October 07, 2012, 07:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Broughton will be a fwd and defender next year. Getting even more tempted to pick him  ::)

AFEV

Quote from: JROO8 on October 25, 2012, 04:50:51 PM
Broughton will be a fwd and defender next year. Getting even more tempted to pick him  ::)
Staker/Bock/Broughton MPP link might give people the insurance they need to overlook his durability issues?

Assuming he does get the MPP that is.

...That or I've just missed the sarcasm in your post. :P

Jroo

Quote from: Sid on October 26, 2012, 01:14:14 PM
Staker/Bock/Broughton MPP link might give people the insurance they need to overlook his durability issues?

Nah he will get it according to someone from Champion Data on Twitter

TeeJay

Quote from: JROO8 on October 26, 2012, 01:22:25 PM

whats the name of the page

Grazz

With a change of clubs he has to come off my black ban list, even as i write this im shaking my head thinking here we go again but you have to have an open mind with a change of clubs. :-\

Rowy

Quote from: Grazz on November 07, 2012, 02:15:03 PM
With a change of clubs he has to come off my black ban list, even as i write this im shaking my head thinking here we go again but you have to have an open mind with a change of clubs. :-\
+1

Adamant

Quote from: TeeJay on October 28, 2012, 11:35:09 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on October 26, 2012, 01:22:25 PM

whats the name of the page

Glenn Luff (works for Champion Data) has confirmed Broughton and Hartlett with DPP. Here's his twitter p age (scroll down a little bit to see) https://twitter.com/Lumpy0305

Grazz

The above comment makes it that little bit harder to look past him. Gotta be a consideration again.

scotty_222

he will play half back next year with stints in the middle..
will deff be looking at him.

enzedder

Jaksch (GWS 1st rounder) is another B/F DPP
Broughton is well priced for someone that is a proven scorer. As a DPP back away from Lyon he is close to a must have for mine.

basil3134

Don't count on Bock being fit at the start of the season

Torress

\
i'm not confident with bock either!
lake did it tho...

broughts is just about a lock for mine, will obviously wait to identify his role but he can win his own ball. as a defender im pretty much on him now at the GC.

theta

I see him running the backline until Bock is back up and firing.  He'll still increase his average, but not the midfield numbers of 105+ that have been promised for the last 2 years.

...unless a midfield role was promised as a part of the move and bluey puts someone else back who already knows the gameplan.  This makes more sense to me, but who would step aside from the mids and fall back?  Rischitelli? 

I havent seen enough GC games to know, but even if he locks-up a position in the mids for himself, his durability is still a problem.

shorty3264

He so tempting this fella, like many coaches, he's burnt me before, in grand final's too. But at this price, he will get plenty of opportunity and will be used as a playmaker out of defence and is a ball magnet. Hard to say no, he just brings back nightmares haha.

BB67th

I've been burnt by him, but the change of club and the DPP makes him so hard to go by now. And really, who doesn't love a rollercoaster in their side. I'm also of the opinion that you can afford to take a few more risks next year with the 30 trades, so Broughts is close to a lock for my side at the moment!