Average Disposals: 18

Standard Deviation:

Starting Price: 502,100

Low Price: 369,700

High Price: 502,100

Fanplanner Price: 438,700

Position: D

Thoughts

As I'm sure you know Greg Broughton is an extremely good fantasy player, he has averaged 90+ in 3 of his 4 seasons and was a popular pick down back at the start of 2012.
However going into 2013 expect a lot more people to be wary, he had the worst fantasy season of his career and failed once again to produce a 'full season'.
He has played just 15 games in 3 of his 4 seasons to date, which leaves a big question mark over Gregory - How durable is he?

Broughton was somewhat left out to dry by Ross Lyon this year, he was often found playing roles that weren't particularly fantasy friendly. If he can get back into roles like that next year expect him to return to his best, he may even break the triple digit average for the first time.

Needless to say he has the capacity to hold a keeper spot in your backline, but he's just as likely to burn you as he is to be one of the great successes for your season.

Verdict

He's tempting at a touch under 450k, but I still think there are better options than him. Pass for me.

Prediction

There are quite a few variables that could dramatically alter this prediction. Definitely not confident about this - 92.

Torress

started him this year in 2012. i don't mind the broughton and the way he plays its ross lyon factor here.
danyel pearce will take mid time, and if mundy and fyfe are fit i don't think broughts will be on the ball as much as you'd want himto be if you picked him.

probs pass at this stage.

ronl

Jroo

After what he done to me this year I can't see myself picking him.

Jay

Ricochet

Duff is probably ahead of him at this stage so i will pass

Adamant

I've never been burnt by Broughts. So tempting to start with him as he will be a massive POD, but there are much better options I think.

Obese Arachnid

Quote from: Torress on October 07, 2012, 12:22:58 PM
started him this year in 2012. i don't mind the broughton and the way he plays its ross lyon factor here.
danyel pearce will take mid time, and if mundy and fyfe are fit i don't think broughts will be on the ball as much as you'd want himto be if you picked him.

probs pass at this stage.
+1

Capper

With the way Lyon is changing everyones role at Freo he is a no for next year.

Only looking at Pavlich and maybe Fyfe or Barlow

sluga

No way, now officially on my band player list! too many question about his role.

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Grazz

Gotta say no at this point as Sluga said to many variables regarding his role and now Pearce is there id expect less time in or around the middle for Brought's.

Jroo

Apparently he is on the trade table  :o
Well if he does move clubs then he might be a good option

quinny88

Quote from: JROO8 on October 13, 2012, 08:13:20 PM
Apparently he is on the trade table  :o
Well if he does move clubs then he might be a good option

+1 this would bring him right back into contention

Shihan7

Will consider if he moves club, but there are probably better options.