2013 Player Profile: Shannon Byrnes

Started by henry, October 06, 2012, 07:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henry

Shannon Byrnes - Melbourne (as requested by Ricochet)

Position: FWD

Price: $229, 000 (fanplanner) Edit: I realised why he seems expensive, he has not been given a discount for some reason. Providing he gest a 20% discount which is what would be expected, he would be more around 183k.

2011 Games: 5

2012 Games: 4

2011 Average: 40

2012 Average: 43.5 (49 without subbed game)

2012 scores: 34, 40, 74, 26 (started as sub)

Summary: Struggled to break into the side both this year and last year, and failed to play after round 7 (where he came in as a late replacement anyway) as  seemed to prefer developing their kids. He was not injured and played very well in the VFL for the majority of the year. The lack of opportunities led him to move to Melbourne as an unrestricted free agent.

Verdict: Strongly considering. He averaged 79 and 85 in 2009 and 2010 so has shown he has potential. He is getting on in age a bit (currently 28) but should have some good footy left in him. He may push up the ground and rotate through midfield with the dees especially now Moloney has gone and looks to be comfortably in their best 22. It is concerning that the ball will not get into Melbourne's forwardb50 very often, but going for him is the fact that unlike the other midpriced forward options such as Lecras and Gray he is not coming back from a serious injury.  He therefore should be able to produce in round 1, while those others may be struggling for touch.

Predicted Average: 72

Ricochet

thanks mate great write up
im really considering him as F7 at that price

Kellogscrunchynut

Worth a shot although there seems to be a few viable forward options around that price.

Adamant

I'd be on him if he wasnt priced so high, but 230k??
Most likely a pass with LeCras/Gray/Bock/Knights etc all around the same price....although they are coming off serious injuries.

Ziplock

I'd consider him- his JS at the demons will get great, which is more than we can ask of the vast majority of rooks this year.

Capper

230 is too high after averaging 40s for the past 2 seasons.

Hopefully gets more game time at the dees

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on October 07, 2012, 03:28:30 AM
I'd consider him- his JS at the demons will get great, which is more than we can ask of the vast majority of rooks this year.
exactly, gonna be hard to pick the rooks with solid JS this year

henry

Quote from: tabs on October 07, 2012, 03:33:27 AM

Quote from: Adamant on October 06, 2012, 09:54:08 PM
Most likely a pass with LeCras/Gray/Bock/Knights etc all around the same price....although they are coming off serious injuries.
I'm pretty sure this price is wrong. For some reason monty hasn't given him a discount even though he played 4 games which should result in a 20% discount. With a 20% discount his price goes down to 183k ish, which I wrote next to the price when I realised this yesterday. Does that change your opinions on him?

Adamant

Quote from: henry on October 07, 2012, 04:26:42 PM
Quote from: tabs on October 07, 2012, 03:33:27 AM

Quote from: Adamant on October 06, 2012, 09:54:08 PM
I'm pretty sure this price is wrong. For some reason monty hasn't given him a discount even though he played 4 games which should result in a 20% discount. With a 20% discount his price goes down to 183k ish, which I wrote next to the price when I realised this yesterday. Does that change your opinions on him?
180k and he would be a lock  :)

Mr.Craig

I don't think he qualifies for a discount. Wasn't injured after all, just couldn't break into the seniors.

henry

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 07, 2012, 09:49:40 PM

I don't think he qualifies for a discount. Wasn't injured after all, just couldn't break into the seniors.
Really? So even if he only plays 4 matches due to form rather then injury he doesn't have a discount? That could be right, not sure. We'll have to wait and see though I definitely hope its 180k rather than 230.

The_Captain

SO many guys fighting for the same spots in dream team for this position. Between him and blokes like macaffer, lecras, gray, nicoski, krakour, varcoe, menzel. Will be interesting.

Mr.Craig

Now that he's been named in Melbourne's leadership group does it change anyone's thinking?

Football Factory

He's tempting .. i have Knights and Varcoe ahead of him at the moment but things can change

stew42

ATM he is fairly firmly pencilled into my F7.