Main Menu

Tippett wants to be a Swan

Started by LF, October 06, 2012, 12:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

I noticed the other thread has disappeared so I'll post this here.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/giants-poised-to-snatch-fallen-crow-kurt-tippett/story-fnelctok-1226524535228

QuoteTippett's camp yesterday ruled out taking the league to court in a bid to make him a Sydney player, preferring to concentrate on Friday's AFL Commission meeting.

Interesting news indeed.

SydneyRox

Barra17

He has now delisted himself from Adelaide.

Capper

Grazz

Does anyone know where Sydneys 1st pick is in the next draft Dec 11.

Capper

Quote from: Grazz on November 28, 2012, 03:04:03 PM
does anyone know where any club picks for the draft?? Cant find a thing about it other then its in December

Ziplock

SydneyRox

Quote from: tabs on November 28, 2012, 03:44:57 PM
does anyone know where any club picks for the draft?? Cant find a thing about it other then its in December

It doesnt really matter. There are four teams that have shown "interest" in Tippett. Sydney, GWS, GC and Brisbane and Sydney will have the last pick out of all of them.

It is going to be interesting to see if GWS do decide to pick him.

Ziplock

im not sure if brisbane or gc will have the cap room.

Dudge

I'm being sincere here, but 1. he is no Wayne Carey, 2 he seems more interested in money than the club. 3 his manager is a arse wipe, and 4, when the money runs out, so does Kurt. 5 thats a lot of moolah on a basketballer. I just think whoever takes him , will be disappointed with the outcome in the long run. Mind u only time will tell i suppose :-\

tbagrocks

Quote from: Dudge on November 28, 2012, 05:47:49 PM
I'm being sincere here, but 1. he is no Wayne Carey, 2 he seems more interested in money than the club. 3 his manager is a arse wipe, and 4, when the money runs out, so does Kurt. 5 thats a lot of moolah on a basketballer. I just think whoever takes him , will be disappointed with the outcome in the long run. Mind u only time will tell i suppose :-\
6. his dad looks like another Damir Dokic

Ok Kurt, gtfo of our Adelaide thread and don't bother boarding the plain when your new money team comes because you are not welcome ;)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 28, 2012, 04:57:29 PM
Quote from: tabs on November 28, 2012, 03:44:57 PM

It doesnt really matter. There are four teams that have shown "interest" in Tippett. Sydney, GWS, GC and Brisbane and Sydney will have the last pick out of all of them.

It is going to be interesting to see if GWS do decide to pick him.
Surely then have to take him after letting Grundy slide. They could have even snared him with pick 12.

Grazz

Quote from: tbagrocks link=topic=68532.msg 936227#msg 936227 date=1354085652
Quote from: Drudge link=topic=68532.msg 936225#msg 936225 date=1354085269
I'm being sincere here, but 1. he is no Wayne Carey, 2 he seems more interested in money than the club. 3 his manager is a arse wipe, and 4, when the money runs out, so does Kurt. 5 that's a lot of moolah on a basketballer. I just think whoever takes him , will be disappointed with the outcome in the long run. Mind u only time will tell i suppose :-\
6. his dad looks like another Damir Dokic

Ok Kurt, gtfo of our Adelaide thread and don't bother boarding the plain when your new money team comes because you are not welcome ;)

I think his Dad is just being a Dad looking out for his son. With the concussions he's had and the threat that represents to his footy longevity i cant sit here and say i wouldn't be advising him to take what he can while he can tbh. A Father is a Father 24/7 365 days of the year for as long as you are breathing you will always have the best interest for your children at heart. Its difficult for me to criticise another Dad for what i would do should the shoe be on my foot.

Ringo

Quote from: Ziplock on November 28, 2012, 05:17:57 PM
im not sure if brisbane or gc will have the cap room.
Brisbane may have cap room as Brown may be placed on veterans list. Think I can remember when he signed the 5 year contract in 2008 the final 2 years were to be on veterans list so only 50% counted towards cap.  Drummond's retirement will also have freed some funds. Only issue is do Brisbane want Tippett,