Main Menu

Tippett wants to be a Swan

Started by LF, October 06, 2012, 12:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antsey

Haha I meant punishment for Adelaide.

Cicjose

Toga

No news what the sanctions might be yet but doesn't sound good for either party. :\

Mailman the 2nd

SydneyRox

Now he isnt coming to Sydney I dont care too much. Adelaide losing a pick or two sounds reasonable. Fine for Tippett.

Tominator

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 12, 2012, 08:04:10 PM
Now he isnt coming to Sydney I dont care too much. Adelaide losing a pick or two sounds reasonable. Fine for Tippett.

is that what the papers are saying up there? I didn't know Sydney had backed off him

SydneyRox

Quote from: Tominator on November 12, 2012, 08:15:47 PM

is that what the papers are saying up there? I didn't know Sydney had backed off him

Nah, not too much coming out anymore. But having GWS pushing forward, it will make it real hard to get to the Swans.

Cicjose

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151000/default.aspx

DELAIDE and Kurt Tippett are set to be ordered to appear before the AFL Commission over allegations surrounding the 25-year-old's contract with the club.

The Crows will have the chance to argue to the Commission why they shouldn't be stripped of draft picks for alleged salary cap breaches. Tippett will be fighting for his immediate AFL future after a potential trade to the Sydney Swans was blocked when the allegations surfaced.

The Crows are accused of deliberately deceiving the AFL by promising Tippett $200,000 outside of his contract and suggesting it be kept secret from the League.

If found guilty of breaking salary cap rules, Adelaide would most likely suffer a fine and the loss of draft picks and they have said they will accept the AFL's verdict.

Mailman the 2nd

Sydney papers are relatively quiet about AFL in the off-season in general.

But once GWS stated interest, we knew there was little point trying to pick up frayed ends 

quinny88

Quote from: Cicjose on November 12, 2012, 08:22:40 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151000/default.aspx

DELAIDE and Kurt Tippett are set to be ordered to appear before the AFL Commission over allegations surrounding the 25-year-old's contract with the club.

The Crows will have the chance to argue to the Commission why they shouldn't be stripped of draft picks for alleged salary cap breaches. Tippett will be fighting for his immediate AFL future after a potential trade to the Sydney Swans was blocked when the allegations surfaced.

The Crows are accused of deliberately deceiving the AFL by promising Tippett $200,000 outside of his contract and suggesting it be kept secret from the League.

If found guilty of breaking salary cap rules, Adelaide would most likely suffer a fine and the loss of draft picks and they have said they will accept the AFL's verdict.

Next Monday or Tuesday there should be a verdict out then on both Tippet and Adelaide.
The AFL have pushed this very close to the Draft

Tominator

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 12, 2012, 08:31:30 PM

But once GWS stated interest, we knew there was little point trying to pick up frayed ends 

will add some spice to the Swans-Giants rivalry   ::)

Toga

From the FB page: AFL Off Season Information. Trades, Delistings, Retirements

Details are coming in from the AFL regarding the Adelaide Crows and Kurt Tippett. The following are tweets from AFL Media Manager Patrick Keane.

@AFL_PKeane: Adelaide Crows FC, CEO Steven Trigg, former Football GM John Reid and player Kurt Tippett have each had 2 AFL TPP charges laid against them.

@AFL_PKeane: Charge 1 - Contrary to Rule 17 of the Rules, in or about September and October 2009, you engaged in conduct prejudicial to the Draft.

@AFL_PKeane: Charge 2 - Contrary to Rule 17,between Sept 2009 and Oct 2012,you engaged in conduct in breach of Total Player Payments provisions in Rules.

@AFL_PKeane: Adelaide Crows, and each of the three individuals, will have charges heard before the full AFL Commission next Monday, November 19, at 1pm.

@AFL_PKeane: Commission sanctions on Clubs can cover -financial / eligibility in up to 4 drafts / loss of right to register player to whom breach relates

@AFL_PKeane: Commission sanctions on Players can cover - financial sanctions and / or exclusion from the right to participate in the Draft process.

Justin Bieber

You suck Tippett and Ssney. Leave these threads alone! Lol

Capper

Quote from: Tominator on November 12, 2012, 09:14:01 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 12, 2012, 08:31:30 PM

will add some spice to the Swans-Giants rivalry   ::)
i dont know if it will, no Swans supporters i know cares if Tippett goes to the Giants. It would have been good if he came to the Swans but we dont need him until Goodes retires. Also that fact that Tippett's old man tipped off the AFL about the deal really hurt the relationship between Tippett and the crows more than the Swans. The only thing that most Swans fan are angry about is that all the time and effort put into the Tippett deal was wasted as we could have gone after other players instead

Grazz