Tippett wants to be a Swan

Started by LF, October 06, 2012, 12:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: tabs on October 20, 2012, 02:49:45 AM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 20, 2012, 01:33:05 AM
Quote from: Jayman on October 19, 2012, 11:57:27 PM
Quote from: whatlez on October 19, 2012, 11:49:56 PM
You know we do not believe this mailman you flower head.

We just bring up the rumours. So stop saying me and Tom believe these potential ideas.

They are ideas and possible situations, not us believing and giving you the impression in being gullible. So stop being a flower head all the time us and appreciate that we actually give some of information and potential options before they happen
Typical Sydney fan, Lez :P wants to get a million dollar player, high 700,000 dollar player, but aren't prepared to give up anything that could make the deal fair ::)

You know perfectly why we're offering what we're offering.

We didn't put you guys in this position. Tippett did
+1, its Tippett that has screwed the Crows by choosing the team with no decent draft picks
Cant wait to boo the shower out of him next year

Capper

Quote from: Jayman on October 20, 2012, 08:51:08 AM

We just bring up the rumours. So stop saying me and Tom believe these potential ideas.

They are ideas and possible situations, not us believing and giving you the impression in being gullible. So stop being a flower head all the time us and appreciate that we actually give some of information and potential options before they happen
Typical Sydney fan, Lez :P wants to get a million dollar player, high 700,000 dollar player, but aren't prepared to give up anything that could make the deal fair ::)

+1, its Tippett that has screwed the Crows by choosing the team with no decent draft picks
even though im not a fan of booing, alot of Sdyney fans will do the same if he doesnt perform

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: tabs on October 20, 2012, 10:36:35 AM

even though im not a fan of booing, alot of Sdyney fans will do the same if he doesnt perform

I'll be booing too if he keeps someone like LRT or Pyke out of the side without performing

Capper

The next problem for the crows looks like being a list issue as if they get a pick and player from Sydney they may have to delist someone
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149991/default.aspx

AFEV

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 20, 2012, 10:56:45 AM
Quote from: tabs on October 20, 2012, 10:36:35 AM

I'll be booing too if he keeps someone like LRT or Pyke out of the side without performing
If he keeps MPM out of the side I will not be a . >:(

Antsey

Ziplock

yeah tippett gets to name his price... and I really doubt any team other than port, gws or gc could probably afford him...

Chopps

is tippet currently a contracted crows player? the reason i ask surely if he can do this why have free agency which makes this process alot easier even though the crows would get screw all quicker?

if he is on the trade table i don't understand why he gets so much say?

Ziplock

he's still contracted and isn't a restricted free agent until next year

Jay

QuoteIt seems that although Tippett can nominate his terms in the Pre-season draft, he cannot back-load his contract. This would be a major problem for the Swans, who can only afford to pay him $600-800k in 2013 (and 1.2-1.4mil by 2016). So, if he nominates 1mil/year over four years, Sydney can't afford it, and if he nominates $600-800k, GWS, Freo and Carlton certainly can. Even if that...is incorrect and he IS able to nominate back-loaded terms, the fact remains that the first year of that, at 600-800k would be affordable to those clubs. Still tough to say whether those clubs would bother with someone who does not want to be there, but at the very least they could trade him themselves after 2013, without the threat of him walking into the draft, as he would be bound to the club for a minimum of two years. Hard to see how that's not worthwhile.

Collingwood are interested in trading one of their three first-rounders (18, 19, 21) for Luke Parker, in which case we would receive that pick +23. That would obviously still be unders, but I'm sure we would take it given the alternative.

Still nothing substantial on Carlton's intentions should Sydney be willing to part with Parker. Pick 11 would be very nice but their interest has only been rumoured at this stage.

Richmond (9), St Kilda (13), North (15), Geelong (16) and the Bulldogs (22) are the other teams with first-round picks who may be willing to trade for Parker or Rohan should Sydney change their mind and decide against an attempt to screw us here.
another interesting development...

Justin Bieber

You need your source or Tabs and Mailman are going to abuse for false information. Hurry up.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: whatlez on October 22, 2012, 08:11:00 PM
You need your source or Tabs and Mailman are going to abuse for false information. Hurry up.

Well it's pretty simple

For example, "Jesse White failed a fitness test"

Surely then, there must be at least ONE article that comes up searching the words "Jesse White fitness"

Well, you get this (http://tinyurl.com/9v5s246)

On the contrary, the discussion of Luke Parker might at least have some (albeit tiny) merit by looking up "Luke Parker Carlton" (http://tinyurl.com/8kdsf6r)

With an attitude like Tippett's I doubt anyone wants to draft him to a club he doesn't want to be at

Capper

Quote from: Jayman on October 22, 2012, 08:08:34 PM
QuoteIt seems that although Tippett can nominate his terms in the Pre-season draft, he cannot back-load his contract. This would be a major problem for the Swans, who can only afford to pay him $600-800k in 2013 (and 1.2-1.4mil by 2016). So, if he nominates 1mil/year over four years, Sydney can't afford it, and if he nominates $600-800k, GWS, Freo and Carlton certainly can. Even if that...is incorrect and he IS able to nominate back-loaded terms, the fact remains that the first year of that, at 600-800k would be affordable to those clubs. Still tough to say whether those clubs would bother with someone who does not want to be there, but at the very least they could trade him themselves after 2013, without the threat of him walking into the draft, as he would be bound to the club for a minimum of two years. Hard to see how that's not worthwhile.

Collingwood are interested in trading one of their three first-rounders (18, 19, 21) for Luke Parker, in which case we would receive that pick +23. That would obviously still be unders, but I'm sure we would take it given the alternative.

Still nothing substantial on Carlton's intentions should Sydney be willing to part with Parker. Pick 11 would be very nice but their interest has only been rumoured at this stage.

Richmond (9), St Kilda (13), North (15), Geelong (16) and the Bulldogs (22) are the other teams with first-round picks who may be willing to trade for Parker or Rohan should Sydney change their mind and decide against an attempt to screw us here.
another interesting development...
yep im aware that alot of teams are after Parker, mostly Melbourne teams, but i havent heard any talk about him wanting to go home.

I doubt clubs would be looking at Rohan until he can prove he can play after that bad leg break. Although he sent this tweet today
Gary Rohan ‏@RohanGary
In Perth visiting family friends miss them so much. love this place. The sun could come out tho

Justin Bieber

I never said Parker is going to Carlton.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: whatlez on October 22, 2012, 08:48:43 PM
I never said Parker is going to Carlton.

Seeing as that's the one with merit I'm not surprised :P