Main Menu

Tippett wants to be a Swan

Started by LF, October 06, 2012, 12:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagebear

It will nearly turn me of AFL for next year if Adelaide get Jesse White for Kurt Tippett. True story...... Jesse White actually invented the SPUD!

Hawka

Rumour, so only a rumour! from a afl facebook page
said its rumored sydney dont want him anymore, not sure if theres any truth,guess we need to wait

Mailman the 2nd

lol we're being stingy because we won the premiership

Maybe if any of our good players underperformed we'd consider giving them to you, but that's not the case.

Sydney isn't being selfish anyway lol

Ziplock

when a player isout of contract their value drops substantially.

Scrads

Lol at Crows supporters thinking they would get picks 3 and 13 from GWS. I would just take Pick 12 from them on its own and run if it came to that.

monstrum

this's getting more annoying than the cloke contract!!

Jroo

Quote from: Ziplock on October 17, 2012, 09:45:10 PM
when a player isout of contract their value drops substantially.
Exactly!

Tominator

Jesse White is in Adelaide for a medical test and interviews with Sanderson

FML

White + Pick 22 for Tippett is looking more than likely now

Capper

Quote from: Tominator on October 18, 2012, 10:54:26 AM
Jesse White is in Adelaide for a medical test and interviews with Sanderson

FML

White + Pick 22 for Tippett is looking more than likely now
He was down the last week, what took so long??

Colliwobblers

done deal not sure what this means for Tippett fantasy wise, probably not great but teh Swans never played White and seem to want Tippett so good luck to the Swans, Adelaide pick up a draft pick and a bakc up to Walker. Win - Win

CrowsFan

Don't know how you can call than a win for Adelaide colli. They essentially get a second round pick and a guy who I doubt will get games at the crows since they already have Jenkins, lynch or johnstone (another swan) as backup for when Tippett leaves. Collingwood got a better deal for Dawes and Tippett is far better!

How is that a win colli?

Ziplock

Colliwobblers

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 18, 2012, 02:02:33 PM
Don't know how you can call than a win for Adelaide colli. They essentially get a second round pick and a guy who I doubt will get games at the crows since they already have Jenkins, lynch or johnstone (another swan) as backup for when Tippett leaves. Collingwood got a better deal for Dawes and Tippett is far better!

How is that a win colli?

Pick #22 is worth more than tippett alone.

come back to me in 2 or 3 seasons to check if I am right....

The value of Tippett to Adelaide you need to look at relative to the fact they have Walker who is and will always be better.

This other spud they are getting really just to pinch hit in the ruck? not sure, Adelaide and Sydney both like to take other teams players and recycle them, difference is Sydney plays the ones they trade in, Adelaide doesn't ???

Capper

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 18, 2012, 02:21:29 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on October 18, 2012, 02:02:33 PM

How is that a win colli?

Pick #22 is worth more than tippett alone.

come back to me in 2 or 3 seasons to check if I am right....

The value of Tippett to Adelaide you need to look at relative to the fact they have Walker who is and will always be better.

This other spud they are getting really just to pinch hit in the ruck? not sure, Adelaide and Sydney both like to take other teams players and recycle them, difference is Sydney plays the ones they trade in, Adelaide doesn't ???
The way Sydney played White last year i thought that he would have come in for McGlynn when he went down. Was very surprised by Morton getting a run. White is a good leading forward and very strong overhead. He basically missed out at Sydney because we started to play both Pyke and Mummy as Mummy wasnt 100% fit and the resting one went forward. Unlucky to be out of the best 22 IMO

Grazz

I agree CF cant see how its a win either. The Crows basically have a Gun held to their head take pick 22 and White or get stuff all.
Adelaide have made it clear that they feel pick 22 and White is not to their liking but under this AFL draft model this is what happens if a player decides he wants to screw you over. AFL should of sorted this when Stevens left Port and went to Carlton. Regardless of how its dressed up the whole thing stinks to high Heaven. Atleast when im asked the question now whos your most disliked player i can answer honestly.

I disagree that pick 22 is worth more than Tippett is, this is false. 2-3 seasons isnt relative to the debate, Sydney obviously see great potential in him which is his value as we speak. Do the Math they will pay him 800k a year but only offer pick 22 which is basicaly a 2nd round pick. That doesnt add up to me.