Main Menu

Tippett wants to be a Swan

Started by LF, October 06, 2012, 12:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

I think all you adelaide fan boys should lay off tippett...

firstly, as he said he has connections in sydney. Secondly, sydney is substantially closer to QLD than adelaide is. Thirdly, tippett's 26 next year... that means he only really has 5 years left in his career or so, some AFL players have a limited skill set, he's just trying to make sure he can live a comfortable life.

people hack on these players for doing this type of thing, but it's really pragmatic, when it comes down to it they have to first provide for themselves and their family. Personally, I'd be disappointed if some of the youngsters at GWS left, but if it's because they've been offered substantially better pay and conditions, I can completely see why they're doing it.

What's tippett on atm, like 600k a year or something? didn't sydney offer him like a 4 year contract at nearly a million or something ridiculous? That's like 1.4 million extra he gets, which is pretty much enough to mean he won't really have to work again.

I think everyone should lay off his back- most people if offered 400k more a year on top of what they already earn would gladly move jobs from adelaide to sydney. Hey, if I was getting paid a million a year I'd move to flowering iraq if I had to.

Tominator

Not condoning anything you've said, we are just condoning the way he went about it and the way he has lied to his supporters

Ziplock

ahhhhk, that kind of makes more sense.

to be fair though, he probably had every intention f going back to queensland... but even if lets say brisbane/ GC offered him like 800k a year, that still comes down to a substantial difference... on top of that, it probably weighed in that he wants to be playing finals footy, so what better place t start than the premiership team?

swans to go back to back with a genuine key forward?

Jay

Quote from: Tominator on October 06, 2012, 06:05:01 PM
Not condoning anything you've said, we are just condoning the way he went about it and the way he has lied to his supporters
+1

tbagrocks

What a bunch of crap, people move accross the world to play sport! Live comfortably pppffffffffttttttttttttt how comfy does he want to be? fridge I live comfortably on the friggen pension!!! Aint no way in hell I'd move to the middle east, unless they gave me enough money to fix the world's hunger and water problem!

Better pay pppfffffffffttttttttt if you need more than half a million dollars a year you're just a flowering White Goodman!! And deserve all the crap that comes your way!! Unless you use the money to help the less fortunate but I doubt many on this money think about them  ::)

Hawka

Im thinking he only picked Sydney because there Premiers, no offence at all to the Swans, but offense to Tippet, he just seems like that type of guy

Jay

Quote from: Hawka on October 06, 2012, 06:12:56 PM
Im thinking he only picked Sydney because there Premiers, no offence at all to the Swans, but offense to Tippet, he just seems like that type of guy
if he was chasing success, he shouldnt have left Adelaide.

Tominator

Quote from: Jayman on October 06, 2012, 06:16:31 PM
Quote from: Hawka on October 06, 2012, 06:12:56 PM
if he was chasing success, he shouldnt have left Adelaide.
+1

lachie_001

Quote from: Ziplock on October 06, 2012, 06:02:46 PM
I think all you adelaide fan boys should lay off tippett...

firstly, as he said he has connections in sydney. Secondly, sydney is substantially closer to QLD than adelaide is. Thirdly, tippett's 26 next year... that means he only really has 5 years left in his career or so, some AFL players have a limited skill set, he's just trying to make sure he can live a comfortable life.

people hack on these players for doing this type of thing, but it's really pragmatic, when it comes down to it they have to first provide for themselves and their family. Personally, I'd be disappointed if some of the youngsters at GWS left, but if it's because they've been offered substantially better pay and conditions, I can completely see why they're doing it.

What's tippett on atm, like 600k a year or something? didn't sydney offer him like a 4 year contract at nearly a million or something ridiculous? That's like 1.4 million extra he gets, which is pretty much enough to mean he won't really have to work again.

I think everyone should lay off his back- most people if offered 400k more a year on top of what they already earn would gladly move jobs from adelaide to sydney. Hey, if I was getting paid a million a year I'd move to flowering iraq if I had to.
Tippett was offered a 5 year deal valued at about $850K per year, this is the most for an adelaide player ever (more than Goodwin, McLeod and roo). They're a club on the rise, they paid to get his brother Joel to adelaide and paid for flights to Qld whenever he wants. Two years ago the crows made him their highest paid players at 700k a season. crows also took him with little football experience then put 6 years into him to develop him into a proper afl footballer. The home factor was always going to be hard to compete with, you can never bring the Gold Coast to adelaide but then for him to choose Sydney and not home, not to mention let his mates know by a text.. I don't care what anyone says it is nothing but selfish. Flower off Kurt

Jay

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 06, 2012, 06:40:42 PM
Tippett was offered a 5 year deal valued at about $850K per year, this is the most for an adelaide player ever (more than Goodwin, McLeod and roo). They're a club on the rise, they paid to get his brother Joel to adelaide and paid for flights to Qld whenever he wants. Two years ago the crows made him their highest paid players at 700k a season. crows also took him with little football experience then put 6 years into him to develop him into a proper afl footballer. The home factor was always going to be hard to compete with, you can never bring the Gold Coast to adelaide but then for him to choose Sydney and not home, not to mention let his mates know by a text.. I don't care what anyone says it is nothing but selfish. Flower off Kurt
+1

Tominator

Quote from: Jayman on October 06, 2012, 06:42:18 PM
+1

This  ^^

Capper

Quote from: Tominator on October 06, 2012, 07:17:06 PM
Quote from: Jayman on October 06, 2012, 06:42:18 PM
+1

This  ^^
if he was following the cash he would have gone to GC, strange decision to move to Sydney when all along he has been talking about going home to Brisbane. Strange decision also by Sydney to chase him. Obviously he comes into the forwards so we will only play Mummy and not Pyke as well. Pyke had a stand out year which also hurts. Had we picked up Tippett after Goodes retired i can understand that but not now. Sounds like the premiership team would have got him, which would have made it interesting if Hawthorn had won

Hagebear

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 06, 2012, 06:08:40 PM
What a bunch of crap, people move accross the world to play sport! Live comfortably pppffffffffttttttttttttt how comfy does he want to be? fridge I live comfortably on the friggen pension!!! Aint no way in hell I'd move to the middle east, unless they gave me enough money to fix the world's hunger and water problem!

Better pay pppfffffffffttttttttt if you need more than half a million dollars a year you're just a flowering White Goodman!! And deserve all the crap that comes your way!! Unless you use the money to help the less fortunate but I doubt many on this money think about them  ::)

Heres a bloke who's too big for his own boots. Kurt needs to remember 7 years ago he was a nobody young kid who played a bit of basketball then get turned into a bloke who's been taken on by Adelaide, taught him everything he knows about footy and r paying him 700k a year. That's 700 flowering k a year. If that's not enough for him then hes clearly a massive tosser and needs to remember where the flower he comes from. Ok if he's homesick and want to head back to Brissy or the GC to be with his family like he's said for 3 years that he is... Ok fair enough. He's human. But to turn around and go to Sydney (and don't give me that's bullshower 'it's closer to his family' bullshower) clearly shows how much of a knob this bloke really is. If I was a Swan I wouldn't trust this bloke with Ziplocks left pinky finger. Piss of Kurt!! Rant over!

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Hagebear on October 06, 2012, 08:49:44 PM

Heres a bloke who's too big for his own boots. Kurt needs to remember 7 years ago he was a nobody young kid who played a bit of basketball then get turned into a bloke who's been taken on by Adelaide, taught him everything he knows about footy and r paying him 700k a year. That's 700 flowering k a year. If that's not enough for him then hes clearly a massive tosser and needs to remember where the flower he comes from. Ok if he's homesick and want to head back to Brissy or the GC to be with his family like he's said for 3 years that he is... Ok fair enough. He's human. But to turn around and go to Sydney (and don't give me that's bullshower 'it's closer to his family' bullshower) clearly shows how much of a knob this bloke really is. If I was a Swan I wouldn't trust this bloke with Ziplocks left pinky finger. Piss of Kurt!! Rant over!

Agreed, purely a money decision but a lot of us make choices in our jobs based on pay, so why should footballers be any different? The whole game is based around money these days, its a sign of the times. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Hagebear

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on October 06, 2012, 08:57:37 PM
Quote from: Hagebear on October 06, 2012, 08:49:44 PM

Agreed, purely a money decision but a lot of us make choices in our jobs based on pay, so why should footballers be any different? The whole game is based around money these days, its a sign of the times. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Agreed Wes and hate that footy is being based on money these days. The only reason people are hating in Kurt is he has said the whole time that he wanted to leave Adelaide to head back to QLD to be with his family and now that extra money has come to him decided he didn't really need to be with his family in QLD. I can't stand both of them by I'd take Phil Davis ove Kurt Tippett any day. At least he was honest about why he left.