Main Menu

Tippett wants to be a Swan

Started by LF, October 06, 2012, 12:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

do carlton need talls? what about if sydney gave their first pick + someone like white+ seaby to carlton, who gave their first pick to adelaide, who gave tippett to sydney?

carlton fans thoughts?

/////////////////////////

carlton have got 3 shower ruckmen already and dont need more

RiOtChEsS

il speak on behalf of Blue Fans, we want flower all to do with Tippett in any capacity, especially enabling two top 4 sides to get better >:(

Tominator

Be interesting to see who gets a deal done out of Caddy and Tippett... most likely Caddy

Capper

Quote from: Ziplock on October 07, 2012, 05:10:46 PM
do carlton need talls? what about if sydney gave their first pick + someone like white+ seaby to carlton, who gave their first pick to adelaide, who gave tippett to sydney?

carlton fans thoughts?
Blues dont need rucks, I dont know why their hasnt been any talk of Seaby going to GWS. They need help in the ruck. White to the GC would also be a good move for White

Tominator

why on earth are GWS not willing to pay Giles' salary demands? With all the kids on their list and the retirement of Dean Brogan, surely retaining Giles is a priority?

Ziplock

Quote from: Tominator on October 08, 2012, 01:08:26 AM
why on earth are GWS not willing to pay Giles' salary demands? With all the kids on their list and the retirement of Dean Brogan, surely retaining Giles is a priority?

I really think it's  been blown way out of proportion, to me it sounded like they put a contract in front of giles, he said- comeon dude, you guys need me, I finished 2nd in the club for the brownlow and 5th in B&F, and they were like- kk, we'll look into it.

I really don't think it's as big of a deal as people are making it out to be...

Capper

no idea, surely they need to get someone to help him as well??

Scrads

Quote from: Ziplock on October 08, 2012, 01:15:30 AM

I really think it's  been blown way out of proportion, to me it sounded like they put a contract in front of giles, he said- comeon dude, you guys need me, I finished 2nd in the club for the brownlow and 5th in B&F, and they were like- kk, we'll look into it.

*1st ;)

Ziplock

wow, I thought ward polled higher...

clearly not :P

he did deserve it though, he was pretty impressive all year.

If we'd had another giles we wouldn't have finished last :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: ///////////////////////// on October 07, 2012, 05:12:50 PM
carlton have got 3 shower ruckmen already and dont need more
That's why they need Tippett! Plus who is your forward again?  ???  Waite is it? does he ever play more than 10 games a year  ::)  This is why Malthouse has won three Premierships and you've won none !  He understands the game   :P

team rohan

Quote from: Ziplock on October 08, 2012, 01:15:30 AM

Giles got dudded in the B&F voting (hell he finished behind Scully) and had a contract offer that was supposedly ~$175k, when he can probably get ~$300k a year. My understanding was pretty much that Giles felt well these guys don't value me, I'll take my services elsewhere. Maybe he will still resign, but after such an "offensive" offer there is every chance that he has no interest staying at GWS.

Ziplock

for the record, apparently the sydney offer wasn't as ludicrous as first thought... apparently it's actually a little less than the adelaide one, and considering how closely positioned they are on the table, if it wasn't money, or a premiership, there must have been other significant factors contributing...

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on October 08, 2012, 10:44:37 PM
for the record, apparently the sydney offer wasn't as ludicrous as first thought... apparently it's actually a little less than the adelaide one, and considering how closely positioned they are on the table, if it wasn't money, or a premiership, there must have been other significant factors contributing...
It's like this, Kurt wanted  two things, better surf and to get away from the presure and media hungry South Australian football culture! That is all it is

Antsey

Seaby delisted today so out of any mix.