Main Menu

Tippett wants to be a Swan

Started by LF, October 06, 2012, 12:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on October 06, 2012, 08:57:37 PM
Quote from: Hagebear on October 06, 2012, 08:49:44 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on October 06, 2012, 06:08:40 PM
What a bunch of crap, people move accross the world to play sport! Live comfortably pppffffffffttttttttttttt how comfy does he want to be? fridge I live comfortably on the friggen pension!!! Aint no way in hell I'd move to the middle east, unless they gave me enough money to fix the world's hunger and water problem!

Better pay pppfffffffffttttttttt if you need more than half a million dollars a year you're just a flowering White Goodman!! And deserve all the crap that comes your way!! Unless you use the money to help the less fortunate but I doubt many on this money think about them  ::)

Heres a bloke who's too big for his own boots. Kurt needs to remember 7 years ago he was a nobody young kid who played a bit of basketball then get turned into a bloke who's been taken on by Adelaide, taught him everything he knows about footy and r paying him 700k a year. That's 700 flowering k a year. If that's not enough for him then hes clearly a massive tosser and needs to remember where the flower he comes from. Ok if he's homesick and want to head back to Brissy or the GC to be with his family like he's said for 3 years that he is... Ok fair enough. He's human. But to turn around and go to Sydney (and don't give me that's bullshower 'it's closer to his family' bullshower) clearly shows how much of a knob this bloke really is. If I was a Swan I wouldn't trust this bloke with Ziplocks left pinky finger. Piss of Kurt!! Rant over!

Agreed, purely a money decision but a lot of us make choices in our jobs based on pay, so why should footballers be any different? The whole game is based around money these days, its a sign of the times. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

^ I'm with wes. Most of us would move cities for an extra couple of hundred thousands a year for in essence the remaining 80/90% of our career.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Hagebear on October 06, 2012, 09:05:12 PM
Quote from: Wes Mantooth on October 06, 2012, 08:57:37 PM
Quote from: Hagebear on October 06, 2012, 08:49:44 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on October 06, 2012, 06:08:40 PM
What a bunch of crap, people move accross the world to play sport! Live comfortably pppffffffffttttttttttttt how comfy does he want to be? fridge I live comfortably on the friggen pension!!! Aint no way in hell I'd move to the middle east, unless they gave me enough money to fix the world's hunger and water problem!

Better pay pppfffffffffttttttttt if you need more than half a million dollars a year you're just a flowering White Goodman!! And deserve all the crap that comes your way!! Unless you use the money to help the less fortunate but I doubt many on this money think about them  ::)

Heres a bloke who's too big for his own boots. Kurt needs to remember 7 years ago he was a nobody young kid who played a bit of basketball then get turned into a bloke who's been taken on by Adelaide, taught him everything he knows about footy and r paying him 700k a year. That's 700 flowering k a year. If that's not enough for him then hes clearly a massive tosser and needs to remember where the flower he comes from. Ok if he's homesick and want to head back to Brissy or the GC to be with his family like he's said for 3 years that he is... Ok fair enough. He's human. But to turn around and go to Sydney (and don't give me that's bullshower 'it's closer to his family' bullshower) clearly shows how much of a knob this bloke really is. If I was a Swan I wouldn't trust this bloke with Ziplocks left pinky finger. Piss of Kurt!! Rant over!

Agreed, purely a money decision but a lot of us make choices in our jobs based on pay, so why should footballers be any different? The whole game is based around money these days, its a sign of the times. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Agreed Wes and hate that footy is being based on money these days. The only reason people are hating in Kurt is he has said the whole time that he wanted to leave Adelaide to head back to QLD to be with his family and now that extra money has come to him decided he didn't really need to be with his family in QLD. I can't stand both of them by I'd take Phil Davis ove Kurt Tippett any day. At least he was honest about why he left.

I'm sure he did want to move back to be with fam, until he was offered a million a year. That would have changed his mind real quick and his family would probably beat him around the head for not taking it too.

Ziplock

Hagebear

Yeh, I understand where u lads are coming from. But isn't 700k enough... And not stitching up a club that has given u the opportunity to make that money.

lachie_001

Quote from: Hagebear on October 06, 2012, 09:30:34 PM
Yeh, I understand where u lads are coming from. But isn't 700k enough... And not stitching up a club that has given u the opportunity to make that money.
Might add that the deal he was going to get here was 850k for five years. Sydney had 1 million but for 4 years, Adelaide's deal was substantial. But hey that money can now go to walker and danger who are staying and rightfully deserve that money

team rohan

Would it be more beneficial for the Crows to lose Tippett to the Suns for nothing, than to a premiership contender for poor compensation?

nas

Remeber Mitch Clarke > Always going back to WA went to Melb. Money does talk by the way.

AFEV

Quote from: whatlez on October 06, 2012, 12:39:39 PM
The $$$ was the answer all along ::)
Sydney is considerably closer to Queensland than Adelaide, additionally the Bloods are in a great place as a footy team at the moment. Much better than Brisbane and GC that's for sure...

Ricochet

Jeez looks like you guys are getting shafted. Today's Sunday Times says "Swans will have to give up only pick 42 in next months national draft because of a clause in Tippett's contract which allows him to go to the club of his choice for a second-round selection"

Jay

Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2012, 12:04:37 PM
Jeez looks like you guys are getting shafted. Today's Sunday Times says "Swans will have to give up only pick 42 in next months national draft because of a clause in Tippett's contract which allows him to go to the club of his choice for a second-round selection"
that's bullshit  :'(

Tominator

Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2012, 12:04:37 PM

That was only for the Gold Coast, but the clause doesn't apply any more according to the head honchos at AFC... Anybody help out here ?

CrowsFan

Yeah was apparently only a gentlemens agreement that would help him move back home to QLD, which was never actually written in to the contract. They can try and get the best deal possible now, even his manager has publicly said that.

Tominator

Thank God we have three weeks and not one to sort this mess out   ::)

lachie_001

Personally I'd rather see tippett walk to the Gold Coast for free then see swans get him for next to nothing..

Tominator

Josh Jenkins and Tom Lynch can replace Tippett just fine... we don't need White or Dennis-Lane or any other Swans fringe players

I wanna see what GC get for Caddy and then they could on-trade that to Adelaide. Just cos Sydney is KT's club of choice doesn't mean he is a sure thing to land there...