Main Menu

Who is the most important at Adelaide?

Started by tbagrocks, October 06, 2012, 03:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

The Blight medal winner was Thommo again and it got me thinking, just who it the most important player?

Some have said Jacobs, some say the CHF possition is the toughest, we have mids going guns in the Brownlow, young defenders getting rising star mentions! But just who is the player that without we are a weeker club?

team rohan

Has to be Jacobs...McKernan and Jenkins are only part time rucks. Although if we get Giles I reckon Walker will be our most important player, our othemr kpps are nowhere near as dynamic

CrowsFan

Jay

Tominator

Jacobs in the ruck is vital purely because we dont have a proper back-up...

Dangerfield our team would be far less attacking and his absence would be so well-felt

Tex Walker is pretty important at CHF but he could be covered, still wouldn't wanna lose any of those three

Jay

Quote from: Tominator on October 06, 2012, 05:25:40 PM
Jacobs in the ruck is vital purely because we dont have a proper back-up...

Dangerfield our team would be far less attacking and his absence would be so well-felt

Tex Walker is pretty important at CHF but he could be covered, still wouldn't wanna lose any of those three
yeah thats what I reckon. If we get Giles i'd probly change to Danger though

tbagrocks

No love for Sloaney? I havn't voted yet But maybe Danger?

with Sloane, Danger, Thommo we are already the No1 Hard ball and Clearence team but wait...

Enter the man who was so good last week in the Prelim for West, will give West a shot at the Premiership tomorrow, a guy who will match Paddy for Clearences and probably more skillfull  :o would have been a top 3 draft pick...

Brad Crouch

BB67th

No love for the old truck? He is so important to the team structure and some of the lock down roles he has done this year (such as on Pavlich) have been first class.

tbagrocks

Quote from: BB67th on October 06, 2012, 05:42:20 PM
No love for the old truck? He is so important to the team structure and some of the lock down roles he has done this year (such as on Pavlich) have been first class.
Totally agree and with emerging KPD he can play the flanker! And when need play on Pav! He's a General and one of the all time greats at Adelaide!

Capper

Danger for me. You take out Danger you take out the Crows

Jay

Quote from: tabs on October 06, 2012, 05:53:09 PM
Danger for me. You take out Danger you take out the Crows
I say Jacobs for the exact same reason :D

Ziplock

it'd have to be jacobs or walker.

Walker just on the fact he averages like 3.5 goals a game, which is pretty damn valuable...

but I'd say jacobs edges him out on the basis that if Jacobs went down, you don't really have a genuine rucking option (I would not want to see Jenkins go up a full game against cox/ nic nat...)

Mailman the 2nd

Jacobs by a country mile. Midfielders can work without a good ruckman, but having a good one doubles their output

Jroo

Quote from: Ziplock on October 06, 2012, 06:05:15 PM
it'd have to be jacobs or walker.

Walker just on the fact he averages like 3.5 goals a game, which is pretty damn valuable...

but I'd say jacobs edges him out on the basis that if Jacobs went down, you don't really have a genuine rucking option (I would not want to see Jenkins go up a full game against cox/ nic nat...)
+1 exactly right

Tominator