Shannon Byrnes a Melbourne Demon

Started by elephants, October 04, 2012, 05:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you now consider him for you DT 2013?

HELL YEAH!
0 (0%)
Likely
6 (30%)
Watching his NAB
6 (30%)
Unlikely
7 (35%)
NEVER!
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 1

elephants

For 230k this bloke has averaged 85 in 2009...

Can he replicate this at the Dees? Only time will tell.

Will you take the punt?

Ricochet

As a fwd that can potentially go 80+ and only at around 230k... definitely considering him

Adamant

230k seems a bit too high IMO.
But for a guy who averaged 80+ in 2009 & 2010...watchlist for sure.

Ricochet

Most rookies will average between 60-70, especially forwards. Generally peaking about the 300k mark, making you a 150-200k profit.
A player averaging 80+ will probably stay in your team longer (because you will upgrade/downgrade the rookies before him) and still be scoring more. At that scoring range he wil probably hit 400k at some point throughout the year. 400 minus 230 = 170k profit. Potentially the same profit but more points.
A looot of emphasis on "potentially" here... but i'd rather the 80+ average imo

Ziplock

Justin Bieber

Wasn't he cheaper this year??

Can get the same price for like Ball or Embley...

elephants

Quote from: whatlez on October 04, 2012, 06:39:31 PM
Wasn't he cheaper this year??

Can get the same price for like Ball or Embley...

They're mids, Byrnes is a fwd...

Adamant

hmm, how can we fit Byrnes in with LeCras, Gray & Knights all under 260k and are potential 80-85 averages  :-\

quinny88

Awkwardly priced, I thought he would be under 200k

Will wait and see what position and scoring potential he plays in nab cup.

Ajax22

Will watch him but would definitely like to see what role he's playing at Melbourne first. Then the question is whether the Demons will actually get enough of the ball for him to be able to get his average up above 80, if they all stink it up again it could hurt him especially if he's left somewhere in he forward line

Footy_Boiz

Quote from: Adamant on October 04, 2012, 06:48:24 PM
hmm, how can we fit Byrnes in with LeCras, Gray & Knights all under 260k and are potential 80-85 averages  :-\
Pick them all  ;D

Adamant

Quote from: Footy_Boiz on October 05, 2012, 12:02:07 AM
Pick them all  ;D
haha, imagine a forward line of Sylvia, LeCras, Gray, Knights, Bock, Byrnes, Varcoe (Macaffer, Staker)  :o

Ziplock

k, so I've made a mock team (although I've put bock back and krakouer fwd)

zippy2013 Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Zarts. Salary cap left: $43,600.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Grant Birchall, Dyson Heppell, Matt Suckling, Pearce Hanley, Nathan Bock
Jasper Pittard, Joshua Toy

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Pendlebury, Marc Murphy, Luke Ball, Andrew Embley
Brad Crouch, Jaeger O'Meara

Nic Naitanui, Matthew Leuenberger
Majak Daw, Jarrod Witts

Colin Sylvia, Chris Knights, Robbie Gray, Shannon Byrnes, Mark LeCras, Andrew Krakouer, Travis Varcoe
Brent Macaffer, Brent Staker

that's the team you can get with a massive midpriced fwd. Obv. a lot of the rookies are just placeholders.

that could seriously rape. You need no def. upgrades, no ruck, only 2 midfield (and you could wait until the end for them), but probs 4-5 fwds (presuming sylvia is a keeper and 2 of knights, lecras, gray break out).

Ricochet

Quote from: Adamant on October 05, 2012, 12:17:53 AM
Quote from: Footy_Boiz on October 05, 2012, 12:02:07 AM
Pick them all  ;D
haha, imagine a forward line of Sylvia, LeCras, Gray, Knights, Bock, Byrnes, Varcoe (Macaffer, Staker)  :o
i'd could be done  :D

Scrads

Will be very likely to start in my team if he looks like getting a key-role in Melbourne's team.