Games: 14

Position: R

Average: 90.9

Tons: 5

Grade: 5/10

Mumford in 2013
Price: $483,400 (Fan Planner)
Position: R

The Big Mummy had coaches pulling there hair out in 2012. One of the most popular picked up ruckman at the start of the year after his breakout season in 2011, the Mummy had an injury riddled 2012 season and never found any consistency. Mumford has never managed to complete a full season which is a concern for coaches. 17 games was his most games for a season in 2011.
There is some good news. Mumford comes at a bargain in 2013, almost $130,000 cheaper than thousands of coaches paid for him before round 1 2012. He is in his prime at age 26 and if he could just manage to get his body right and have a big pre season he will be one of the top scoring ruckman for 2013.

Predicted avg: 110

Capper

not sure about the 110 quinny, Struggled all year with back ailments before starting to score ok for the last 5 home and away games. No doubt that he will be cheap and a great get, but the time share with Pyke and being injury prone is a worry

Nice write up

quinny88

Quote from: tabs on October 04, 2012, 03:18:05 AM
not sure about the 110 quinny, Struggled all year with back ailments before starting to score ok for the last 5 home and away games. No doubt that he will be cheap and a great get, but the time share with Pyke and being injury prone is a worry

Nice write up

Thanks mate, you think less than 110?
Averaged 112 in 2011

Ricochet

with everyone locking in NicNat and Leuy... Mummy and Goldy could be great pod's next year

Ricochet

on another note, did every see how pissed he still was the morning after the GF at Albert Park
very amusing haha

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on October 04, 2012, 10:46:56 AM
with everyone locking in NicNat and Leuy... Mummy and Goldy could be great pod's next year

Exactly my thoughts. Any ruckman other than NicNat/Berger is going to be a unique, and there are some bargains out there like this that are tempting me.

Quote from: Ricochet on October 04, 2012, 10:54:51 AM
on another note, did every see how pissed he still was the morning after the GF at Albert Park
very amusing haha

Yes! haha he missed the team bus and had to catch a second bus by himself. He was still wasted haha

Adamant

A bit too injury prone for my liking.
Either going NicNat + Berger or Goldy + Berger.

Jroo

Quote from: Adamant on October 04, 2012, 02:21:49 PM
A bit too injury prone for my liking.
Either going NicNat + Berger or Goldy + Berger.
+ 1 my rucks will look like that too. Mummy is too much of a risk for me

Capper

Quote from: quinny88 on October 04, 2012, 03:20:40 AM
Quote from: tabs on October 04, 2012, 03:18:05 AM

Nice write up

Thanks mate, you think less than 110?
Averaged 112 in 2011
well alot has changed, Tippett now looks like joining the Swans which is bad news for Pyke. What does this do for Mummy, well hopefully makes his ave higher. But with every one jumping on Berger (as he will be cheap as chips) the choice is between Mummy and Goldy for Ruck number 1.

Shihan7

Will have Goldy/NicNat + Berger as my rucks so no room for Mummy.

SydneyRox

His price might be too low for me not to give him a starting spot

nrich102

quinny88

Quote from: nrich102 on November 24, 2012, 10:07:09 AM
to injury prone

If he could get his body right though he would be a massive steal at $483 k

Kellogscrunchynut

I don't think hes too injury prone he has had his troubles but not a complete write off yet. Watch carefully in the preseason.

SydneyRox

Not overly injury prone, his main chunk of time missed since joining the swans has been via suspension.