2013 Supercoach Player Profiles: Tom Mitchell

Started by nichsa673, October 03, 2012, 02:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

Tom Mitchell is a bit of a forgotten man, but in my opinion, he should be your first picked rookie in your team next year. He is regarded as the best 18 year old in the country, and a very good talent that should not go un picked. His first half of the season was wrecked with injury, but his second half of the year he played in the Swans reserves and was extremely good, recording at least one game with over 40 possessions. Playing at Sydney, I'm sure he will get games as they will aim to rest a few of their older players throughout the year, eg. O'Keefe, McVeigh, Bolton, Goodes.

Some of his stats from 2011 in the WAFL for claremont are very impressive.

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/3775

Article on him about reserves

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/sydney-swans-ball-magnet-tom-mitchell-just-warming-up/story-e6frf9jf-1226366961316

2012 Supercoach price: $100,200
Expected average: 75-85ppg. (If he's not sub)

kilbluff1985

nice write up, would not say he is a forgotten man at all if named round 1 will be in heaps of teams i'll get him in if named round 1 if not only when/if he is on the bubble hard to see him getting enough games

nichsa673

i would think he would play upwards of 12-14 games. What do you think?

batt

If he was at any other club he'd be an absolute lock for me.  I just can't see there being any room in the best midfield in the AFL for him to play a productive role.

nichsa673

I agree with you that Sydney have a good midfield, although not the best. They have a very deep midfield, with Jack, Kennedy and O'Keefe the predominant 3. Bolton will rest a fair bit next year if he is to continue, and there other midfielders, like Hannebery and Jetta are outside midfielders. I think it will be out of him and Parker as to h=who gets the last position in the midfield

/////////////////////////

Quote from: batt on October 03, 2012, 03:24:38 PM
If he was at any other club he'd be an absolute lock for me.  I just can't see there being any room in the best midfield in the AFL for him to play a productive role.

hes not at gws

kilbluff1985

Quote from: ///////////////////////// on October 03, 2012, 03:38:49 PM

hes not at gws

what's your point?

/////////////////////////

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on October 03, 2012, 03:42:53 PM

hes not at gws

what's your point?

gws has the best midfield

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ///////////////////////// on October 03, 2012, 03:43:46 PM

hes not at gws

what's your point?

I think we found out why hahaha

nichsa673

ok, similiar circumstance for youngster Brad Crouch at Adelaide. I will be looking closely at him, do you think he will get games?

kilbluff1985

i give Crouch more of a chance of getting games then Mitchell not much more though

Adamant

Adamant

Quote from: whatlez on October 03, 2012, 03:55:10 PM
Quote from: ///////////////////////// on October 03, 2012, 03:43:46 PM

hes not at gws
lol

what's your point?

I think we found out why hahaha

Capper

Quote from: nichsa673 on October 03, 2012, 03:31:37 PM
I agree with you that Sydney have a good midfield, although not the best. They have a very deep midfield, with Jack, Kennedy and O'Keefe the predominant 3. Bolton will rest a fair bit next year if he is to continue, and there other midfielders, like Hannebery and Jetta are outside midfielders. I think it will be out of him and Parker as to h=who gets the last position in the midfield
Parker is ahead of him and he will be fighting for spots with the likes of Gordon, Harry and Rohan.

He still hasnt played a full game of 2nds yet. He was ramping up until he got soreness and tendinitis in his injured knee. The Swans wont rush him at all as he has gun written all over him. Dont expect him to be there in the first half of the season (although he may get a game in the NAB cup).

IMO he will be a great downgrade target next year around R9.

Ricochet

if he's named round 1 then i will be locking this kid away.
absolute gun