Collingwood Free Agency and Trade Week

Started by Shaggy, October 02, 2012, 04:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaggy

Quinten Lynch has signed on through Free Agency to play for the Pies from next season, so what other movements are there?

Kurt Tippet of course will be seeking a trade to Collingwood which will involve West Coast taking Wellingham for their Pick 17, and the Pies to move that on and Pick 18 to Adelaide for the full forward.

Cameron Pederson's manager has confirmed that he is likely to end up with Collingwood next season. The key position defender will be a suitable replacement for Chris Tarrant who retired at the end of the Pies finals campaign.

Melbourne and Western Bulldogs have confirmed their interest in Chris Dawes and will be set to make moves to gain his signature during Trade Week.

Shaggy

Collingwood has confirmed they will be seeking a trade for Luke Rounds who has told them he wants to try for opportunities elsewhere.

They are also looking to seek trades for or possibly delist Cameron Wood and Simon Buckley.

Shaggy

Collingwood has been one of many teams to express interest in Jonathan Giles from GWS.

Shaggy

Some more information has come to light on the Tippet situation, which escalated rather quickly. Denials have come forth from Geoff Walsh that Collingwood are after the former Adelaide forward.

Quote from: valkorum on October 02, 2012, 05:51:45 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149006/default.aspx

QuoteCOLLINGWOOD has denied any interest in former Adelaide forward Kurt Tippett, who announced on Tuesday he was leaving the club.

Cruiseon

Good updates Shaggy, i'm on holiday in Port Douglas so there is scant information here.

Pederson would be good but Giles would be perfect. I like the Pies playing hard at the moment, this year will provide more opprtunities than most.

Ziplock

I seriously doubt giles is going anywhere- the giants can offer him way more than any other club...

Cruiseon

Quote from: Ziplock on October 03, 2012, 09:14:38 PM
I seriously doubt giles is going anywhere- the giants can offer him way more than any other club...

Giants can't offer finals football for a few years let alone having a tilt at a Premiership!

Shaggy

Rumour going around today is that Adelaide and Collingwood are front runners for Giles, Cruiseon. I agree, Giles is what we need. I just don't think Jolly has it in him anymore either to go a full season without losing some ooomph.

Ziplock

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 03, 2012, 09:28:28 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on October 03, 2012, 09:14:38 PM

Giants can't offer finals football for a few years let alone having a tilt at a Premiership!

giles is still quite young, a pretty good ruck with nobody seriously challenging him at the club, playing for a club with the most talented list despite its age... we'll be playing finals by 2014, 2015 at the latest. It's not a melb/port situation  where everyone wants to flee a sinking ship.

Shaggy

ossie85

Spite

Would love a stefan martin for dawes trade.

Stick Q lynch and cloke at full forward and centre half forward and then martin can play that second ruck position/third big man

That or just sign Giles :)

elephants

What's the deal with Wellingham.

Eagles are offering something in the realms of 300-315k for 3 years but the Dees are lining up 400k for 3 years. Pies offer is 250k for 2 years or thereabouts (doesn't matter as he's leaving either way)

What happens if the Dees offer more money despite Wellingham saying he wants to head West? Does he get to choose or does he go to the Dees?

Cheers :)

ossie85

Quote from: elephants on October 05, 2012, 03:48:24 PM

Eagles are offering something in the realms of 300-315k for 3 years but the Dees are lining up 400k for 3 years. Pies offer is 250k for 2 years or thereabouts (doesn't matter as he's leaving either way)

What happens if the Dees offer more money despite Wellingham saying he wants to head West? Does he get to choose or does he go to the Dees?

He isn't a free agent, it really isn't up to him

elephants

Quote from: ossie85 on October 05, 2012, 04:06:13 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 05, 2012, 03:48:24 PM

He isn't a free agent, it really isn't up to him

Right so the Pies decide? It'll probably come down to who can offer the most compensation then :-\