2013 Player Profiles - Robbie Gray

Started by nrich102, October 02, 2012, 03:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Quote from: quinny88 on October 02, 2012, 09:37:45 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 02, 2012, 09:23:33 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on October 02, 2012, 09:20:53 PM
Will be waiting to hear reports of a big pre season and Nab cup.
That injury was pretty bloody horrendous so im not convinced he will be right by round 1.
On top of that playing in an ordinary side
True .. still a long way to go but a fit Gray valued at 240k would be a good stepping stone to a premium

Ive made a rule for myself next year to only pick mid price players that i believe will become keepers so my decision will probably weigh a bit more than most on pre season output
Just curious .. are there any Midpricers at the moment you can think of that might become keepers ?(Leuenberger) last year there were a couple that became exactly that .. Waters,Grimes

Ajax22

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 02, 2012, 09:47:22 PM
That injury was pretty bloody horrendous so im not convinced he will be right by round 1.
True .. still a long way to go but a fit Gray valued at 240k would be a good stepping stone to a premium

Ive made a rule for myself next year to only pick mid price players that i believe will become keepers so my decision will probably weigh a bit more than most on pre season output
Just curious .. are there any Midpricers at the moment you can think of that might become keepers ?(Leuenberger) last year there were a couple that became exactly that .. Waters,Grimes

What's Cloke priced at? He could hit back into premo status. LeCras could probably reach 85-90 to sneak into that 6/7 premo spot. Don't think Knights or Gray really would be average wise but Gray has more chance of busting out premo scores later in the year as he gets over that injury.

Not sure any of those cheaper backs will do well enough to become premiums, might be a year where we see a couple of players breakout. I remember a bit of talk about Howard from the dogs early last year, how's he looking now?

henry

Might get all 3   :o.  At the moment is in my side, will have to monitor over pre season though. An injury that bad would be pretty hard to come back from.

Adamant

Quote from: henry on October 03, 2012, 11:18:19 AM
Might get all 3   :o.  At the moment is in my side, will have to monitor over pre season though. An injury that bad would be pretty hard to come back from.
How many forward premo's would you have if you're going with all 3?

POK252

Quote from: Adamant on October 03, 2012, 01:31:00 PM

Hmm currently got 4 premos and 2 midpricers in both the backs and fwds. If i was to fit Gray in I would downgrade Martin/Zaha to him and upgrade Harbrow to Grimes making a 5-1, 3-3 structure. Although I'm quitely confident on Harbrow. Will be better than Bock I reckon but is 70k more :(

henry

Quote from: Adamant on October 03, 2012, 01:31:00 PM
Well currently going very unique and mid-pricerish. Current forward line is Buddy, Sylvia, Christensen,  Lecras, Gray, Knights, Varcoe.

Will probably downgrade one to a rook though and then upgrade another to maybe stevie J for a bit more security.

Cicjose

Justin Bieber

quinny88

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 02, 2012, 09:47:22 PM

Berger, Bock, Ball, Lecras, Gray. There is a long list that are capable of being the 6th/7th man in there position but picking the ones that can become keepers is the tricky part. I was burned by too many mid pricers that didnt perform this year so im being extra careful this time around

Football Factory

The players you have mentioned there are all worth the risk imo. Dunno about Bock players coming back from broken legs generally take a while and miss games through soreness

Shihan7

Lock him in if he's fit and firing in the pre-season.

Football Factory

ROBBIE Gray has taken a major step in his rehabilitation, returning to running for the first time in almost six months since his horrific knee injury.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/149884/default.aspx

http://youtu.be/IQ3ToFh1YXM

roti

afl article saying he will be eased back into pre-season and won't play in the NAB cup, might have to look at knights now

Ricochet

Quote from: roti on October 20, 2012, 06:30:07 PM
afl article saying he will be eased back into pre-season and won't play in the NAB cup, might have to look at knights now
yeh that is worrying actually

Shihan7

Quote from: Ricochet on October 20, 2012, 06:37:38 PM
Quote from: roti on October 20, 2012, 06:30:07 PM
yeh that is worrying actually
Major worry, I wouldnt go with Knights though...