Main Menu

Tippett quits crows

Started by lachie_001, October 02, 2012, 12:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lachie_001

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/department-of-trades/adelaide-expects-an-answer-from-kurt-tippett/story-fn69a32t-1226485940102

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
All I can say is good luck where ever you go mate because your the one who will miss out on this future glory

Justin Bieber

Not the best source I have, but here is a possible trade.

The Possible Adelaide Football Club-Collingwood Football Club- West Coast Eagles Kurt Tippett Three Way Deal.

West Coast will trade their Pick 17 to Collingwood for Sharrod Wellingham.

Collingwood would then trade Pick 17 they got from the Eagles, also their Pick 18 and Chris Dawes to Adelaide for Kurt Tippett.

Collingwood can fit in Tippett into their salary cap, given the pending delisting of several players and helped by the departure of others + 5 players who will be listed as Veterans on their List next year.

The AFL does investigate each clubs salary cap operations before the end of each season and also at the start of each season.

CrowsFan

Would prefer the 2 possible trades from GC over that to be honest

Justin Bieber

I doubt GC will give up Day. I think Gorringe should go back home though.

lachie_001

Quote from: whatlez on October 02, 2012, 12:39:12 PM

The Possible Adelaide Football Club-Collingwood Football Club- West Coast Eagles Kurt Tippett Three Way Deal.

Collingwood would then trade Pick 17 they got from the Eagles, also their Pick 18 and Chris Dawes to Adelaide for Kurt Tippett.

Collingwood can fit in Tippett into their salary cap, given the pending delisting of several players and helped by the departure of others + 5 players who will be listed as Veterans on their List next year.

The AFL does investigate each clubs salary cap operations before the end of each season and also at the start of each season.
How can collingwood fit Tippett if they can't keep wellingham? Tippett would have to be an $800000 a season player, I don't know what Cloke is getting but that sounds like more. Crows need a young player with talent or a very high draft pick

Toga

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 02, 2012, 12:55:14 PM

How can collingwood fit Tippett if they can't keep wellingham? Tippett would have to be an $800000 a season player, I don't know what Cloke is getting but that sounds like more. Crows need a young player with talent or a very high draft pick

No they're gettin rid of wellingham to clear room in their salary cap to snare some big-name players such as your own Kurtley

lachie_001

Quote from: Toga on October 02, 2012, 01:09:13 PM
Quote from: lachie_001 on October 02, 2012, 12:55:14 PM

No they're gettin rid of wellingham to clear room in their salary cap to snare some big-name players such as your own Kurtley
I thought that they couldn't keep wellingham because of money though, sorry I don't believe that the pies can sneak in $800000 a season for most likely 5 years when they have the likes of swan, pendlebury, cloke, ball, thomas, beams and sidebottom

Justin Bieber

They are getting rid of Dawes, Wellingham and they have 5 players to go onto the Vet list next year. So that opens up money because they don't have to pay the vets as much, instead the AFL pays them.

Vets would be Maxwell, Didak, Johnson, ... and ...

lachie_001

Quote from: whatlez on October 02, 2012, 01:37:31 PM
They are getting rid of Dawes, Wellingham and they have 5 players to go onto the Vet list next year. So that opens up money because they don't have to pay the vets as much, instead the AFL pays them.

Vets would be Maxwell, Didak, Johnson, ... and ...
I don't think you can compete with the amount of money Gold Coast can go with as well as the compensation they can give us and then on top of that tippo is from Gold Coast. Surely maxwell, didak and Johnson weren't being paid that much anyway

Master Q

AFL Free Agency, Trade, Draft & Season News
BREAKING NEWS:

Its been revealed that Kurt Tippett told his team mates via text message that he wouldn't be playing for Adelaide next year. As if that wasn't bad, it got worse with Tippett telling players and coaches that HE WOULD NOT exactly be going home, saying that he would accept the best offer money wise.

The 25-year-old has shocked his team-mates by not seeking a go-home trade to the Gold Coast but a move to the highest bidder which will become a match race between AFL premier Sydney and Collingwood.

He wrote: "Boys, this morning, I have told the club that I won't be renewing my contract for 2013.

"Making my decision has been one of the toughest processes I have ever been through.

"I have asked the club to shoot through an email to you all but in case it doesn't get through I want to thank you for your support and friendship over the past six years.

"Have absolutely loved playing alongside you all.

"You are all friends for life! I'll be in touch. Love KT.''

Via FB

Now on the AFL Website as well: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/148965/default.aspx

team rohan

The potential Collingwood trade is an interesting one...having picks 17, 18 and 19 isn't a great situation but I guess if we trade those picks to get another star player it could work out quite well.

Justin Bieber

$$$$

It would be funny if Port offers him the most money haha.

Tominator

Quote from: whatlez on October 02, 2012, 02:11:42 PM
$$$$

It would be funny if Port offers him the most money haha.

That would make the Showdowns interesting  ;)

the flying hawk

$$$
no he is homesick otherwise he would stay many players get homesick for example Caddy Gunston Jacobs and many others :)