The first 3 rounds of the NAB Draft is out.

Started by kilbluff1985, October 01, 2012, 03:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

The first 3 rounds of the NAB Draft is out.

1. Greater Western Sydney
2. Gold Coast
3. Melbourne
4. Melbourne (GWS compensation - Tom Scully)
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Western Bulldogs (GWS compensation - Callan Ward)
7. Port Adelaide
8. Brisbane Lions
9. Richmond
10. Essendon
11. Carlton
12. St Kilda
13. Melbourne (GWS compensation - Tom Scully)
14. North Melbourne
15. Geelong
16. Fremantle
17. West Coast
18. Collingwood
19. Adelaide
20. Greater Western Sydney (GWS compensation - via Adelaide - Phil Davis)
21. Hawthorn
22. Sydney Swans

END OF ROUND ONE
23. Brisbane Lions (GC compensation - Michael Rischitelli)

ROUND TWO

24. Greater Western Sydney
25. Gold Coast
26. Melbourne
27. Western Bulldogs
28. Port Adelaide
29. Richmond (GC compensation - via Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer)
30. Brisbane Lions
31. Richmond
32. Essendon
33. Carlton
34. St Kilda
35. North Melbourne
36. Geelong
37. Fremantle
38. West Coast
39. Collingwood
40. Adelaide
41. Hawthorn
42. Sydney Swans

ROUND THREE

43. Greater Western Sydney
44. Gold Coast
45. Melbourne
46. Western Bulldogs
47. Western Bulldogs (GWS compensation - Sam Reid)
48. Port Adelaide
49. Brisbane Lions
50. Richmond
51. Essendon
52. Carlton
53. St Kilda
54. North Melbourne
55. Geelong
56. Fremantle
57. West Coast
58. Collingwood
59. Adelaide
60. Hawthorn
61. Sydney Swans

Scrads

I was so looking forward to finally having a top 20 pick at Hawthorn this year and boom... Pick 21 :( stupid compo picks lol.

But wow at Melbourne's first 3 picks being 3, 4 and 13 and Hawks first 3 picks being 21, 41 and 60 :o

I know there is a system to how the compensation works but geez, it really hurts over these years if you aren't prepared for it.

elephants

I hear ya man, 17, 38 and 57!!

Knowing the Dees though they'll let some quality slip through to us ;)

meow meow

This will change a bit with trading and free agency compo picks.

What will St Kilda get for Goddard? You'd have to think the maximum compo. Which would be pick #13 and #25.

Knights? End of 2nd rounder?

Pearce? End of 1st round?

quinny88

This whole "compensation picks" thing is rediculous.
I reckon if a player leaves your club then too bad, cop it on the chin.
Why should other teams have to suffer just because your club did

e.g Port's first pick at #7 when it should be at #5 just because the Demons and Bulldogs get compensated for having unloyal, money hungry pricks in there team which results in Port loosing out?.. Cant see how thats right

elephants

Quote from: quinny88 on October 01, 2012, 04:54:28 PM
This whole "compensation picks" thing is rediculous.
I reckon if a player leaves your club then too bad, cop it on the chin.
Why should other teams have to suffer just because your club did

e.g Port's first pick at #7 when it should be at #5 just because the Demons and Bulldogs get compensated for having unloyal, money hungry pricks in there team which results in Port loosing out?.. Cant see how thats right

I agree to an extent, it is harsh on other sides but it is hardly something you can look for in an 18 year old when you draft them. You wouldn't sit them down and say "are you a disloyal or money hungry prick?"

It would make clubs like Port and the Demons get worse and the Pies and Hawks get better if compo picks weren't around.

Ditching Port for Victorian clubs seems to be the thing in fashion this trade period and you can't expect them to pick themselves up on their own!?

How's would you feel if Deledio, Cotchin, Martin and Maric decided to leave for GWS..? I'm sure you'd be massively in favour of compo picks then ;)

Like I said, i partially agree... not trying to be a White Goodman by having a dig though, Just putting my thoughts out there :)

meow meow

GWS can still poach players this year. If they give Dustin Martin an offer too good to refuse and he left would you be happy to cop it on the chin? It's easy to say "too bad" when it doesn't involve a player from your club. I wouldn't say Port are being forced to "suffer" either.

quinny88

I understand what your both saying but I just think the system is far too generous to the teams whos players left them which in turn is meaning everyone else has to cop the rough end.

Melbourne are getting an absolute bargain here. Scully was a waste of a #1 pick to start with and now they get Pick 4 & 13 for him? He is not worth that.

And this isnt about it being another team or Richmond. If our guns dogged it and chased some money of course I would be happy to take the compensation picks but I would rather no one got them and the option wasnt there for any team.
This isnt just about compensating for the Goldcoast and GWS moves anymore, that was one thing but now with free agency this is going to go on and on.

Who decides the worth of each player when deciding how to compensate a team for them?

Bill Manspeaker

the bottom line is we do get compo.. so, as meow meow said, what will the Saints receive?

CrowsFan

So if you lose a player through the free agency you get compo in that years draft? Not like the GC and GWS compo where you could elect to use it in the next few years?

AFEV

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 01, 2012, 10:53:23 PM
So if you lose a player through the free agency you get compo in that years draft? Not like the GC and GWS compo where you could elect to use it in the next few years?
Just for the record, you only get compensation for restricted free agents. Yes you have to use the pick in this draft.

This whole Goddard fiasco has seen to it that I learnt the rules of free agency. :P

elephants

Quote from: Sid on October 01, 2012, 10:55:05 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on October 01, 2012, 10:53:23 PM
Just for the record, you only get compensation for restricted free agents. Yes you have to use the pick in this draft.

This whole Goddard fiasco has seen to it that I learnt the rules of free agency. :P

SO we get nothing for Q-Stick..?

meow meow

Just for the record, you only get compensation for restricted free agents.

Incorrect.

quinny88

All I have gathered is that compensation wont be as generous as it was to those that lost players to the GC and GWS

Ziplock

Quote from: meow meow on October 02, 2012, 12:00:16 AM
Just for the record, you only get compensation for restricted free agents.

Incorrect.

^+1

compensation wont be as high for unrestricted though, due to their older ages etc.