Main Menu

Goddard signing tomorrow

Started by kilbluff1985, September 30, 2012, 06:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sliam

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/148889/default.aspx

Eh doesn't really help his premiership chances that much IMO. Bombers still a little bit off top 4 material even with him.

But I guess we'll see

Spinking

Not too disappointed by this. Great player, but the Saints need to rebuild and I suppose this is part of it. Would the expectation be that the Saints will gain a first round pick for losing Goddard?

AFEV

Quote from: Spinking on September 30, 2012, 09:22:45 PM
Not too disappointed by this. Great player, but the Saints need to rebuild and I suppose this is part of it. Would the expectation be that the Saints will gain a first round pick for losing Goddard?
Pretty much the consensus.

monstrum

Seriousley this's Fu/<ed i hate essendon and this's gunu make them awesome!

The only reason they fell short this year imo was through injury because the weapon has probly taken similar training protocols he used at a hardened cats team into a young bombers list next yr will b differant in that reggard!

I think watching goddard the only reason he's slipped is because of the heart ache he's feeling when all he see's around him is the unfortunate failure that has been his stkilda career,he looks frustrated and angry and is screaming out for refreshment.   

Goddard is a champ and will flourish at his new club!

Beware of the bombers 2013!! :(

Tominator

Goddard will be on a reported $850K salary.... With St Kilda's well-documented salarcy cap squeeze they cannot match this so Goddard will be a bomber next year. You guys should make the 8 definitely next year, but Saints are gonna suffer

kilbluff1985

on an article i read yesterday they said between 675k-725k a year and this goes to show it's not really our fault Saints are losing him they could have given him 3 years with an option for a 4th but refused to budge

BRENDON Goddard will tomorrow sign a four-year contract to play with Essendon, forcing St Kilda to match the offer or lose its star.

Under restricted free agency rules, the Saints will have three days to offer the same salary and length of contract.

That seems highly unlikely.

Despite constant negotiations with Goddard's management, the Saints have refused to budge on their three-year offer.

Goddard has wanted a four-year deal.

He recently moved on his demands, asking for three years and a option for a fourth year with conditions included, but the Saints rejected it.

The contract from the Bombers is four years with no conditions.

Their offer is significantly better financially.

It's understood Goddard will earn between $675,000 and $725,000 a year at Essendon.

Maca24

I can't see a negative out of his acquisition!
Great work Essendon :)
Wait and see this team in 2014  :o

Fletch74

Update

https://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/148919/default.aspx

Essendon have lodged the papaerwork to get BJ, now it's up to the Saints to match the offer....

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

St Kilda has rejected the offer and have not matched. Goddard is officially a bomber!

elephants

Interesting... Does this mean that Stanton is fantasy relevant :P

Ziplock

depends where they play him...

Boomz

AFEV

elephants