Main Menu

Heard this alot on the radio

Started by Capper, September 30, 2012, 02:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

That a champion team beat a team of champions!

Yes i agree, the Swans are a champion team and that the Hawks are a team of champions.

But when you look at the Hawthorn team, they are actually a champion team as well, they just didn't win.

Both teams contain super stars, there wasn't much between the 2 teams.

Mind you if the Hawks had won then i think they would not have been saying this.

Colliwobblers

A lot of what makes Hawthorn so good, is the attack out of defense, the ball use out of defense.

When a team like Sydney that floods back and applies great pressure comes along it undoes the entire Hawthorn game plan.

Still you saw in every final what happened immediately the pressure let up and the Hawks plan was allowed to work.

Devastating consequences, someone said there game plan doesn't hold up in finals pressure games, they might be right I think, but if the Hawks can make their back 6 and their game plan hold up against extreme pressure...

How good will they be then !

Capper

When the ball was locked in the middle usually 1 of 3 things happened.

1. The Hawks tried to get the ball forward but the swans tackling pressure kept it in there.
2. The Hawks were able to clear it quickly to their forward line
3. The Swans were able to handball their way out wide or forward

Colliwobblers

Good points, Sewell so underrated as a clearance player.

The Swans put SO MUCH pressure on themselves the way they handball like that out of the midfield, but it works a lot of the time. They handball to a team mate under extreme and immediate pressure and just back him to get it out to the next guy...

Cicjose

after qtr time the hawks were terrible

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Cicjose on September 30, 2012, 06:34:08 PM

Yes but just given half a chance in the third they came storming back, let them play their game at your peril....

Hawka

Quote from: Cicjose on September 30, 2012, 06:34:08 PM
We were always gonna bounce back after halftime
We proved a many times this year that we can kick 5,6 goals in a short space of time to get back into a game or just power ahead
Just didnt play well enoguh of the day we need 4 qtrs not 2 or 2 and a half

Sliam

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 30, 2012, 02:36:21 PM
Good points, Sewell so underrated as a clearance player.

The Swans put SO MUCH pressure on themselves the way they handball like that out of the midfield, but it works a lot of the time. They handball to a team mate under extreme and immediate pressure and just back him to get it out to the next guy...

lol i yell at the tv screen so many times when they do that