2013 Player Profile: Luke Parker

Started by LaHug, September 28, 2012, 11:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Luke Parker - Sydney Swans (requested by Footy_Boiz)

Position: MID

Price: $343,200 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 11

2012 Games: 16

2011 Average: 49.4

2012 Average: 66.7

2012 Tons: 1 (plus a 97, 96, 93)

Summary: He was subbed off 3 times (before eventually missing 6 games) and started as sub in round 23. Take away the sub-affected games and he averages 72.3. This means that he is relatively underpriced. What is also means is that he's not a premium mid. He doesn't even score enough to warrant as a midpricer... However, it was only his second year and he did have a ton, three 90+ scores and two 89s. Keep him on your radar for the future but far too risky this year.

Verdict: Not for me.

LH's prediction: 78

Ricochet

3rd year breakout maybe?
how many years has Bolton got left?

Windigo

In a few years.

At an awkward price this year.  :-\

LaHug

Quote from: Ricochet on September 28, 2012, 11:57:40 AM
3rd year breakout maybe?
how many years has Bolton got left?
Is third year breakout really even a thing...? I think Bolton's got a couple left in him.

Windigo

It applies to a few.

Redden is a clear example of it: 79 average ->109 average in his 3rd year.

Sidey took another year to breakout. Just depends.

Ricochet

Quote from: Windigo on September 28, 2012, 12:52:15 PM
It applies to a few.

Redden is a clear example of it: 79 average ->109 average in his 3rd year.

Sidey took another year to breakout. Just depends.
Yeh doesnt apply to everyone. But with Parker my thoughts are that he's had an injury interrupted season. So beside the fact his dream team average is down due to subbed games, his fitness base for the year was down as well, plus the mental side of getting through injuries. All contributing to a poorer year (than what he could have had without injuries)
So going into his 3rd preseason next year so i'm expecting a big jump from Parker

Adamant

Guns N' Rooks in the mid's for me...although I reckon he will push a 90 avg.

Footy_Boiz

Was considering this year but didn't go through, bit to expensive this year but cheers for doing the write up  :D

Capper

i had him to start the season and JMAC tried to knock him out week 1. Looked like missing a couple of weeks but played on and scored well until Boyd took him out and he missed 7 weeks (6 games) and then had some sub affected scores.

I traded him out after the Dogs game and pocketed alot of cash. Will be keen to see how many times he gets the vest next year, but definitely one to keep a close eye on

Ricochet

Quote from: tabs on September 28, 2012, 07:02:14 PM
i had him to start the season and JMAC tried to knock him out week 1. Looked like missing a couple of weeks but played on and scored well until Boyd took him out and he missed 7 weeks (6 games) and then had some sub affected scores.

I traded him out after the Dogs game and pocketed alot of cash. Will be keen to see how many times he gets the vest next year, but definitely one to keep a close eye on
With Bolton looking like retiring and other youngsters like Mitchell coming through i don't think we'll see him in the vest too many times

henry

Not while the likes of Goodes, McVeigh and Bolton are still going around in the midfield. However all of them will probably retire in a couple of years with the possible exception of Goodes, so he will be worth thinking about then. Not yet for me.

Capper

Quote from: Ricochet on October 02, 2012, 11:29:09 AM

With Bolton looking like retiring and other youngsters like Mitchell coming through i don't think we'll see him in the vest too many times
if they do go the 2 vest method next year i think i can see Parker and Rohan wearing the green ones to start with quite alot

Master Q

27 games in past two years isn't enough for me to take a punt on a mid-pricer.

Ricochet

Quote from: tabs on October 02, 2012, 01:37:03 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 02, 2012, 11:29:09 AM

if they do go the 2 vest method next year i think i can see Parker and Rohan wearing the green ones to start with quite alot
don't forget Mitchell

quinny88

Will thrive once he gets a full time gig in the middle. A year or 2 away from Bolton, Goodes and Okeefe being gone and him stepping up