2013 Player Profile: Koby Stevens

Started by Toga, September 28, 2012, 11:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Koby Stevens (West Coast Eagles - has requested a trade)

Position: Mid

Price: $204,800 (FanPlanner)

2011 Games: 2

2012 Games: 4

2011 Average: 18

2012 Average: 39.7

2012 Tons: -

2012 Big Games: 83 (GWS)

Summary:
After a a few games in his first year at the Eagles in 2010, averaging 60-odd over five games, Koby has just struggled to get a game over in the west over the past two years, and, when he did, he was almost exclusively used as the substitute. Described as a 'tough, inside midfielder', he showed DT coaches what he could do in his first game this year, chalking up a cool 83 points whilst avoiding the green vest. His year went downhill from here though, failing to score above 35 points in a game due to being subbed. However, it looks like change is near, with the Official website of the West Coast Eagles reporting that Stevens has requested a trade to continue his footy career - so will this trade bring new opportunities and therefore a stint in some DT's next year? I'd certainly imagine so! My tip is that he'll head across to Essendon, who would certainly like to have another inside mid to help out their Brownlow Medallist.

Verdict:
Definitely worth a look in any team when he moves to another club. Might be hard to squeeze him in alongside some of the other ripper midfield rooks that will be drafted this year, like Whitfield, Viney etc, but I think that his AFL experience makes him very enticing!

Predicted average: Somewhere around the 75-80 mark if he goes to Essendon I'd say.

Link for the report on his request to be traded:
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7155/newsid/148693/default.aspx

Ricochet

Definitely considering if he gets picked up.
Is a gun player in the WAFL here and has ability to play AFL.

Adamant

Great write up!
Definitely on the radar, depending where he goes.

Windigo

Would be better than a rookie if he gets consistent game time.

Toga

do you guys reckon Essendon would be interested in him?

but yeah I think this guy is probably worth the extra 20K or whatever over Whitfield tbh, he has AFL experience and showed what he can do in that round 3 match against GWS!

DT87

I think he's just too awkwardly priced for me.  :-\

I hate the Eagles selectors for playing Tom Swift over Stevens. If they gave Stevens the game time he deserved he wouldn't be requesting a trade.  >:(

Ajax22

Too expensive to fit in at that price I would think

Holz

Really not much more than Whitfield. If he is named round 1 there is a very good chance I will be naming him round 1.

I have seen him play in the wafl and in my opinion he is afl standard.

Capper

Now that he is wanting to move cubs he is on my radar. Will be a lock if he makes the best 22 to start the season

Footy_Boiz

Pity he is leaving, watched him play in the wafl and is a good player, will consider for sure next year

bowyanger

I had him in my team just before rd 1 lockout this year, then when he wasnt selected, I swapped him.

Without the luxury of GWS / Suns players we have been able to choose the last 2 years, cheapo players that regularly get a game are going to be very difficult to come by

Ill have Stephens in my side before rd 1 lockout (if he doesnt get injured pre season of course), if he isnt in the starting 22 rd 1...then Ill look elsewhere

Hagebear

Yeh just a bit too expensive and would prefer to jump on a quality rookie.

LF

I think I`ll lock him in depending on which team he goes to.

Scrads

Would be awesome if his price was just a little bit lower :( still warrants a spot on everyone's radar.

Adamant

Under 170k and he would be a lock...will still consider if he has a good NAB cup.