nba all-time draft - THE DRAFT

Started by Jay, September 28, 2012, 01:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: Marcz on October 01, 2012, 01:39:50 AM
Rounding out an unconventional starting 5 will be...

Dwyane Wade can also run point or or play the two...

PG: LeBron James
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Scottie Pippen
PF: David Robinson
C: Wilt Chamberlain

was so close to choosing Wade over Drexler...nice starting 5 :D

Quote from: Spinking on October 01, 2012, 08:17:43 AM
Bit before my time, but one of the best SFs to ever take the court

Elgin Baylor
NOOOOOOOO :'(

tbagrocks

Robert Parish He was old when I was in High School and he kept playing  :o

Patrick Ewing/b]

Spinking

Need a quality Bench SG to support Iverson.

George Gervin

Jay

Baylor, Ewing and Gervin were the top 3 on my list >:(

RiOtChEsS

Jason Kidd... Triple Double Machine

Jay

I was tossing up between this guy and a couple of others, but in 2011, I witnessed this man carry his team to a championship. I need a pure shooter, so this is a relatively easy choice for me:

Dirk Nowitzki

valkorum

Next update:

21. Marcz/Shaggy: David Robinson - Great choice, fantastic presence in the paint
22. Jayman: Kevin Garnett - I never understood the hype on him but the stats dont lie
23. Jukes/Torp: Isiah Thomas - Great undersized guard (hope the new Isiah Thomas is just as good :P)
24. Holzman: John Havlicek - I assume he will be starting off the bench seeing as he is considered one of the best 6th men ever
25. Holzman: Bob Cousy - Brilliant passer, nice pick at #25
26. Jukes/Torp: Dominique Wilkins - Only need to say 1 thing "The Human Highlight Film"
27. Jayman: Clyde Drexler - The Glyde was one of my favourite players growing up.  I like this pick.
28. Marcz/Shaggy: Dwyane Wade - Great guard but better PG's still out there IMO
29. Spinking: Elgin Baylor - I like this pick at #29, another quality undersized bigman
30. Tbagrocks: Robert Parish - A roleplaying centre who did his job day in / day out for many years.
31. Tbagrocks: Patrick Ewing - Another quality bigman
32. Spinking: George Gervin - The Iceman, great SG (should have picked him ahead of Iveson :P)
33. Marcz/Shaggy: Jason Kidd - Great pick at #33
34. Jayman: Dirk Nowitzki - Go watch youtube videos of this man practising shooting - will freak you out.

Torpedo10

Holz

My Smokie revealed.

11 time all star.
The original MVP of the league and won it twice playing in the era of Wilt and Russell and beating them.
All Star- MVP: so you know he lifts playing with and against the best.

Not only that but he is 7th in points perg game and amzingly 3rd in board per game in nba history. He is too good to be on the bench and should be a starter but with him Hakeem and Moses I will always have 2 gun big men on the pitch.

BOB PETTIT

valkorum

I was waiting for someone to pick Bob "Dutch" Pettit (note you got his spelling incorrect Holz - its double T). 

Holz

This was a hard choice choosing between a few guards.

I wanted a shooter and a guy who could back up Cousy so i went for both.

2 time MVP
8 time all star
9th on the all time assits per game
13th most 3s of all time and has a percentage of 43%  (more than 3% more than the best 3 pointers of all time)

So this guy is an wizard with his passing ability and adds the 3 point threat while that not being his sole responsibility. Can play the 2 guard postion with cousy if I want.

STEVE NASH

Holz

Quote from: valkorum on October 02, 2012, 03:43:57 PM
I was waiting for someone to pick Bob "Dutch" Pettit (note you got his spelling incorrect Holz - its double T).

thanks valk, I have been waiting a long time to get him. I have done alot of research for this draft and he seems soo underated, considering he was competing and sometimes beat russel and wilt and they are rated soo high. Russel and the Cs were nearly invincible in that era but Pettit dropped 50 on russell in game 6 to claim the ring after losing the previous 2 in 7 series. Thats pretty good.

I have heard some people say he was the greatest PF of all time up untill Duncan took that from him.

Jay

Pick of the draft with Pettit Holz. I really wanted him but knew he was your smokie so restrained myself :)

valkorum

Quote from: Jayman on October 02, 2012, 04:01:36 PM
Pick of the draft with Pettit Holz. I really wanted him but knew he was your smokie so restrained myself :)

Should have picked him then :P

Jay

Quote from: valkorum on October 02, 2012, 05:00:14 PM
Quote from: Jayman on October 02, 2012, 04:01:36 PM

Should have picked him then :P
nah I'm happy with Dirk :D