nba all-time draft - THE DRAFT

Started by Jay, September 28, 2012, 01:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Well done Jay has been fun, and I selected a few of the 90's guys a had on cards growing up  :P

Starters
PG: John Stockton
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Larry Bird
PF: Charles Barkley
C:  Patrick Ewing

Bench
PG: Grant Hill
SG: Ray Allen
SF: Reggie Miller
PF: Dwight Howard
C:  Robert Parish

I am very happy with this team and think we could challenge any other team for a win!

Spinking

And before the judges make their final call - just wanted to congratulate Jay on running a good draft, and all the other competitors for the way it was conducted. It was fun doing the research, and the good natured banter added to the challenge of finding another undervalued star.

Good job lads!

Jukes

Quote from: Spinking on October 06, 2012, 06:14:14 PM
And before the judges make their final call - just wanted to congratulate Jay on running a good draft, and all the other competitors for the way it was conducted.
+1

Yeah research was fun...just waiting until my pick then typing in on google "top 10 power forwards of all time" and stuff like that haha.

Jay

Okay, Maca24's votes are in, under a 3-2-1 system

Jayman - 3
Marcz - 2
Tbag - 1

Valk & Cic's votes up shortly

tbagrocks

Quote from: Jayman on October 08, 2012, 06:57:04 PM

Jayman - 3
Marcz - 2
Tbag - 1

What you give Maca in Asians for this vote Jay!  :P   but seriously the teams are pretty competitive accross the board, should be tight! I better not say who I would favor until the votes are in  :-X

Jay

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 08, 2012, 07:23:39 PM
Quote from: Jayman on October 08, 2012, 06:57:04 PM

Jayman - 3
Marcz - 2
Tbag - 1

What you give Maca in Asians for this vote Jay!  :P   but seriously the teams are pretty competitive accross the board, should be tight! I better not say who I would favor until the votes are in  :-X
haha nope it's legit, dont worry :) I'd prefer I dont win so it doesn't look rigged lol nah i think you guys know that i'm pretty trustworthy... or am I >:D

Will quote all the PM's with votes in here just to confirm :)

Cicjose

3 votes TBAGrocks
2 votes Jayman
1 vote Holzman

Jay

thanks Cic :)

That leaves the overall standings:

Jayman: 5
Tbagrocks: 4
Marcz: 2
Holzman: 1

confirmation of Maca's votes
Quote from: Maca24 on October 06, 2012, 06:34:04 PM
Not an easy choice!!!

1st: Jayman - Starting 5 stands out over the rest plus Frazier on the bench is impressive!
2nd: Marcz/shaggy - best team for depth, but is JUST behind Jaymans.
3rd - Tbag - really like this team and is clearly 3rd best.

I think these teams are clearly the 3 best.

RiOtChEsS

w0w 8) didnt think id get much love as it wasnt a generic setup, big focus on a swarming help defense and streaky scorers...

il put up a thread on a couple other sites just so we can maximize everyones efforts, u will be surprised how subjective these drafts can be with opinions of different levels of fanatics.

Definite big thanks to Jayman, does a great job keeping everything flowing ;)

Jay

Quote from: Marcz on October 08, 2012, 11:17:41 PM
w0w 8) didnt think id get much love as it wasnt a generic setup, big focus on a swarming help defense and streaky scorers...

il put up a thread on a couple other sites just so we can maximize everyones efforts, u will be surprised how subjective these drafts can be with opinions of different levels of fanatics.

No worries mate :) been a pleasure organising this draft.

Make sure you link me to the thread on the other sites ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jayman on October 08, 2012, 11:23:44 PM

yep definitely will ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Marcz on October 08, 2012, 11:35:59 PM

yep definitely will ;)

Ok This Is Fresh Up Right Now... http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/46/sporting-events/nba-all-time-peak-draft-poll-1255517/

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Marcz on October 10, 2012, 11:18:46 PM
Quote from: Marcz on October 08, 2012, 11:35:59 PM

yep definitely will ;)

Ok This Is Fresh Up Right Now... http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/46/sporting-events/nba-all-time-peak-draft-poll-1255517/
and another...http://www.basketballforum.com/nba-forum/472060-nba-all-time-peak-draft-poll.html

valkorum

After much deliberation I have decided on my 3-2-1

3 Votes - Spinking
2 Votes - Jukes/Torpedo
1 Votes - Holzman

I couldnt go past the starting 5 for Spinking

Robertson/Gervin - Amazing scoring and passing ability there and I really mean AMAZING
Karl Malone/Kareem - I rate Malone as probably the best 1 or 2 power forwards to ever play the game and then you pair him up with Kareem - OH YEH. 

Jukes/Torp get my second vote due to overall balance of the team.  You can put any player on the court and not lose anything - all 10 players are very even.  Most of the other teams have a clear starting 5 and bench

Holzman has the best of the rest - a great guard setup with Cousy/Jordan and a brilliant big man setup with Moses Malone/Hakeem, then you throw in Worthy at the 3 spot and that is a very nice lineup.

tbagrocks

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that means I lost by 1 :-\