2013 Player Profile: Cameron Pedersen

Started by LaHug, September 27, 2012, 08:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POK252

Anhance of being a def-ruc?? If so, would a pedo-burger combo be a good option??

Football Factory

Quote from: POK252 on November 21, 2012, 08:44:12 PM
Any chance of being a def-ruc?? If so, would a pedo-burger combo be a good option??
I think Pederson can become a keeper in the backline (needs to average atleast 82-85 going from last years averages) cant see him scoring enough to become a ruck premo so you would have to upgrade him which would be a waste of a potential back premo and trade imo .. dont think that you would be able to use the D/R link either

POK252

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on November 21, 2012, 08:57:25 PM
Quote from: POK252 on November 21, 2012, 08:44:12 PM
Any chance of being a def-ruc?? If so, would a pedo-burger combo be a good option??
I think Pederson can become a keeper in the backline (needs to average atleast 82-85 going from last years averages) cant see him scoring enough to become a ruck premo so you would have to upgrade him which would be a waste of a potential back premo and trade imo .. dont think that you would be able to use the D/R link either

Was thinking down the line he'd be a handy 8th def/3rd ruck especially if your keeping burger as 2nd ruck. Looking at it now though if Pedo was ruck I'd pick a 6th premo (e.g Broughton) as a defender i'd pick a ruck premo like Goldy. Goldy a much better option than Broughton. Looks like Pedo will just stay in backline and DPP will be a bonus

Adamant

There's no-one relevant to rotate him with if he got DPP...

nostradamus

Quote from: Adamant on November 24, 2012, 07:31:52 PM

any of Broughton, Lake, Bock, Staker, Lee would work  ; 8)

Bones Bombers

Quote from: nostradamus on November 25, 2012, 12:11:00 AM

The question regarded a Def/Ruck DPP.

Adamant

Quote from: Bones Bombers on November 25, 2012, 12:18:47 AM

Yep, of course he would be great if he got DEF/FWD DPP, but there's no-one with DEF/RUC...

Mr.Craig

That is true, however you could trade someone from the rucks and shift Pederson over there, or vice versa, using the rule they brought in. ;)

POK252

Yeah i was thinking if he was def/ruck-
Start him as 6th def
Then after bye rounds bring in a 4th ruck that is def/ruck dpp (85k)
Have him as 8th def and 3rd ruck
Hopefully he can average 75ish

quinny88

Ricochet

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 25, 2012, 01:23:15 AM
That is true, however you could trade someone from the rucks and shift Pederson over there, or vice versa, using the rule they brought in. ;)
Exactly, will be very handy when trading. But with rotations for injurys, omissions, etc the def/ruck dpp probably won't be much use.

Scrads

Reckon they will let us rotate our players twice over via DPP next year ?

E.g. have Pederson in the Ruck, Broughton in the backline and Roughead in the forwards. Then shift Pederson to the backs, Broughton to the forwards and Roughead to the rucks ?

stew42

Quote from: Adamant on November 25, 2012, 12:41:50 AM
Quote from: Bones Bombers on November 25, 2012, 12:18:47 AM

Yep, of course he would be great if he got DEF/FWD DPP, but there's no-one with DEF/RUC...
What about the gun Jay Lever? Lol

LaHug

Quote from: Scrads on November 26, 2012, 12:34:20 AM

E.g. have Pederson in the Ruck, Broughton in the backline and Roughead in the forwards. Then shift Pederson to the backs, Broughton to the forwards and Roughead to the rucks ?
Sounds like it'd be useful but I doubt it. I know you could do that kind of switch while in trades last season but I don't think it was a three way rotation. Rather, if you traded out Pedersen, you could switch Roughy to rucks, Broughton to forwards, and trade in a back.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: LaHug on November 27, 2012, 05:09:42 PM
Quote from: Scrads on November 26, 2012, 12:34:20 AM

Sounds like it'd be useful but I doubt it. I know you could do that kind of switch while in trades last season but I don't think it was a three way rotation. Rather, if you traded out Pedersen, you could switch Roughy to rucks, Broughton to forwards, and trade in a back.

No going by last years rule if Pedersen was a ruck you could trade him out move Roughy from FWD to Rucks but then you needed to trade in a forward you could not for instance put Johnson (B/F) where Roughy was then trade in a back can only move one player during a trade

i used it a few times during the season :)