Cloke signs for 5, Harry O'Brien for 2

Started by Ziplock, September 27, 2012, 04:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Tominator

Expect Freo to go all guns for Brendon Goddard now

Ricochet

Ricochet

Have to say i've got a lot more respect for Cloke now after resigning.
No doubt he was chasing more dollars and a longer contract but good to see him staying at the Pies

Sliam

Well who's left to sign?

You wouldn't be putting money on them staying....

Tominator

the four biggest names yet to sign a contract are Kurt Tippett, Brendon Goddard, Leigh Montagna and Sharrod Wellingham

I think Montagna is the most likely to stay out of those four

AFEV

Quote from: Tominator on September 27, 2012, 04:10:01 PM
They already were. ???
Cloke said he didn't want to cross the border so he limited his options to Victorian clubs a while back.

Good to see he signed though, happy to see him stay a Pie. Even better Carlton misses out! :)

Bets are Wellingham is gone now, unless he'll sign for less than he's worth.

Cambo

Quote from: Sid on September 27, 2012, 05:52:25 PM
Quote from: Tominator on September 27, 2012, 04:10:01 PM
They already were. ???
Cloke said he didn't want to cross the border so he limited his options to Victorian clubs a while back.

Good to see he signed though, happy to see him stay a Pie. Even better Carlton misses out! :)

Bets are Wellingham is gone now, unless he'll sign for less than he's worth.

Would hate to see Wellingham go as he is a good player but doubt they will be able to keep him now.  They will probibly trade him for a talented kid come trade time.
Great to see Cloke finally sign, we would have been stuffed up forward without him. Dawes is a joke, thank god we dont have to rely on him.....
Now we just have to find a backup ruckman and bring on 2013  ;D

T Dog

Quote from: Tominator on September 27, 2012, 04:55:33 PM
the four biggest names yet to sign a contract are Kurt Tippett, Brendon Goddard, Leigh Montagna and Sharrod Wellingham

C'mon Eddie, get imaginative, all would look good in the black and white...C"\'MON.. ;D

tbagrocks

Quote from: T Dog on September 27, 2012, 08:23:16 PM

C'mon Eddie, get imaginative, all would look good in the black and white...C"\'MON.. ;D
Sign Tippo, you could have two clunking key forwards who can't kick ;)

T Dog

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 27, 2012, 08:25:48 PM
Quote from: T Dog on September 27, 2012, 08:23:16 PM

Sign Tippo, you could have two clunking key forwards who can't kick ;)

Yeah...but try to run a defensive unit against them with the mids we have, especially if a new readymade ruckman can be picked up to help Jolly...lol.. ;D

tbagrocks

I would Play Kurt in the Ruck, rest him forward, or Cloke CHF and Tippett FF and Dawes in the parking lot!

T Dog

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 27, 2012, 08:49:20 PM
I would Play Kurt in the Ruck, rest him forward, or Cloke CHF and Tippett FF and Dawes in the parking lot!

That works for me...as long as Eddie gets Goddard as well to send the ball their way with Heater, Harry and Maxwell.. ;D

Tominator

Well you guys arent gonna get Tippett  :P

Nah but I reckon Tippett will go to GC, he flew out to there today to go with his family and will make a final decision this weekend. But Adelaide have apparently upped their offer, so if Tippett stays he better deliver

Cruiseon

We don't want, need or much worry about Kurt Tippett.

We've got the best contested mark locked in for 5 years, the Pies window remains open. Happy dayz.

I wonder whether the unfortunate John Mac situation had any impact?