2013 Player Profile: Brendon Goddard

Started by LaHug, September 26, 2012, 11:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeJay

Ziplock

I mean, was already a lock, but

Goddard played 205 games for the Saints after being their No.1 pick in the 2002 national draft and was used in a variety of roles, but Essendon coach James Hird wants to use his star recruit in a key midfield role alongside skipper Jobe Watson in 2013.

"He has been recruited to play in the midfield," Hird said.

"He is a very versatile player who has been recruited to add another dimension to our team but we think he will play a lot in the midfield."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150855/default.aspx

go go go.

Stanton could legitimately be worth a look now...

Toga

yeah i've seen a number of sources on that now, he's definitely been locked in for me!

and i'm still not sure about stants... i'm tempted to take a punt on him and maybe upgrade him after round 11 bye but I'm still just not sure :-/

Sweetness

Yeah I'd be tempted to get Stanton, but his rd13 bye is shared with too many other super premiums.

The_Captain

Is he going to be the back/forward swing player. Or mainly midfielder for essendon? I sure hope just Mid.

Ricochet

Quote from: noto07 on November 08, 2012, 08:30:04 PM
Is he going to be the back/forward swing player. Or mainly midfielder for essendon? I sure hope just Mid.

see below mate

Quote from: Ziplock on November 08, 2012, 05:28:55 PM

Goddard played 205 games for the Saints after being their No.1 pick in the 2002 national draft and was used in a variety of roles, but Essendon coach James Hird wants to use his star recruit in a key midfield role alongside skipper Jobe Watson in 2013.

"He is a very versatile player who has been recruited to add another dimension to our team but we think he will play a lot in the midfield."

go go go.

The_Captain

The words that lower the confidence here are "versatile" "we think he will". Will still have him but for sure!

Adamant

Quote from: Ziplock on November 08, 2012, 05:28:55 PM

go go go.

Goddard definitely a lock.

I was tempted by Stants before the byes were revealed ::)