2013 Player Profile: Stefan Martin

Started by LaHug, September 26, 2012, 05:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Stefan Martin - Melbourne Demons (requested by Barra)

Position: RUC (Fanplanner reckons RUC/FWD)

Price: $356,100 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 21

2012 Games: 7

2011 Average: 82.7

2012 Average: 76.9

2012 Tons: 3

Summary: Played fairly average against the Lions in round 1 (but most Dees did) and was horrible again before being subbed in round 3 against the Tiges. Dropped until round 14, he then came back with 3 straight tons against the Lions, Tigers, and Dockers with Mark Jamar out and Martin enjoying the ruck time. However, he couldn't keep it up with two more poor scores against the Power (Spencer had more hitouts than him) and Roos (Spencer again) before being out injured for the rest of the season (Spencer rucked solo with Sellar playing the forward/backup role). Hard to say whether or not he'll get the number 1 rucking spot with Jamar coming back from injury and Spencer playing well but I wouldn't think it's likely.

Verdict: Not unless he moves to a different team (and I've heard nothing of the sort) or Jamar goes down injured again. So, in summary, nope!

LH's prediction: Hard to say but, if Jamar is healthy, probably something poor like 60. However, if Jamar isn't around and Martin is healthy, there's a chance for something around the 90+ mark. But don't take the punt.

Barra17

LaHug

Quote from: Barra on September 26, 2012, 06:43:19 PM
Not looking good, but thanks a heap!
No worries. If you or anyone else has requests and gets them to me by Saturday, I'll do it ;)

Ajax22

Umm did you mix some of those initial stats up? Because from what you wrote in the summary it really doesn't sound like he played 21 games this year...

All in all a good writeup tho. Nice analysis on how Spencer went compared to him in terms of who might get a run if Jamar was to do a knee or something in the preseason. Before reading this I would have thought he was automatically the Demons next choice but it now looks like Spencer would put up a fair fight for the spot.

Too expensive this year to take a punt even if he was traded. Although 2014 could be a chance if he doesn't play much next year and his starting price drops

POK252

Hmmm I've heard rumours bout him being traded. Wouldnt mind him at the Pies as 2nd ruck/3rd forward. Nevertheless, not a DT option at all

Adamant

LaHug

Quote from: Ajax22 on September 26, 2012, 07:02:53 PM
Umm did you mix some of those initial stats up? Because from what you wrote in the summary it really doesn't sound like he played 21 games this year...
WHOOPS! Fixed :)

mx187

Nearly picked this bloke in 2011.
But its a no for me for next season even if he was to change clubs.

If he did go to a club like the Pie's he could very well improve his avg maybe even as high as 90 and the Pie's could do with another ruck.

Ricochet

Capper

picked him up last year and he was solid, dont know why his stats were down when jamar was out. Giving him a wide berth even if he does go to another club.

Its a no from me as well

Windigo

Was a good pick in 2011, but not in 2013 I wouldn't think.  :-\

Shihan7