2013 Player Profile: Mitch Morton

Started by LaHug, September 26, 2012, 03:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Mitch Morton - Sydney Swans (requested by henry)

Position: FWD

Price: $97,800 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 9

2012 Games: 2

2011 Average: 53.3

2012 Average: 19.0

2012 Tons: 0

Summary: Can he get a proper gig in the Sydney team? His first 19 was a green vested effort (came on in the 4th) and the second 19 was also green vested (came on at 3QT). He played a full game in the finals against Adelaide for a 14 possession, 2 goal effort and 75 DT points. He was subbed off in the 4th quarter for a poor 52 points against the Pies in the Prelim but the fact that he's playing finals speaks well for his chances to play next year. At that price, if he's named for round 1 and can notch up 70 per game, he'd be worth a look.

Verdict: Really depends on what the similarly priced rooks look like. If there are few good options, he'd definitely be worth a look but only if named for round 1.

LH's prediction: Going to go out on a limb and say that, if he plays a full season, he'll average around 70.

Hagebear

Not for me. Would rather get on a quality rookie.

quinny88

Actually looked ok in the Adelaide game, I thought he had turned a corner but then was back to his usual self against the pies. Wouldnt consider unless he had a great pre season and was named round one. Seems like the fill in when theres an injury though

Adamant

Doesnt have great JS...would rather a rook.

LaHug

Quote from: quinny88 on September 26, 2012, 04:23:38 PM
Actually looked ok in the Adelaide game, I thought he had turned a corner but then was back to his usual self against the pies. Wouldnt consider unless he had a great pre season and was named round one. Seems like the fill in when theres an injury though
Maybe a downgrade target if a Sydney forward gets a relatively longterm injury?

mx187

Can't see him in Sydney's best 22, he did kick like 70 something goals for the reserves this past season.
But saying that could be a bit of a smoke if like Lahug said a Sydney forward cops a LTI.
Not in my first round team for next season.

Footy_Boiz

Definetly a downgrade target if a few Sydney Fowards cop injuries

Ricochet

If he kicks the winner after the siren this wkend... i think they'll be squeezing him in round 1  :D
But seriously, he has smashed it in the ressies and is now taking his opportunities. I can honestly see them fitting him in next year

Justin Bieber

I like the look of him. Not a lock, but would consider.

Ajax22

Yeah generally you will get a bit of a dud fwd rook or 2 anyway so if named rd 1 he would have to be at least considered as a bench option at that price

Kellogscrunchynut

Even if he gets a regular gig I can't see him much better than he was at Richmond, expect inconsistancy.

Adamant

Sydney are well known for recycling players...

Capper

Not too sure why the Swans waited all year to play him and now usually give him the red vest

If he stays cheap and can sstay in the 22 he might be cash cow relavant

Football Factory

Definitely on my radar .. Played in the Qualifying Final and scored 75 points  vs Adelaide and played in the Elimination Final vs Collingwood scoring 52 points and now named on ground and playing in the Grand Final. You obviously dont get selected for finals unless you are a valuable part of the team. In the Fanplanner he is rock bottom price and if he averages 65+ he will be a great cash cow to then be upgraded. It reminds me of the year i put Higgins in, the previous year he only played finals and was dirt cheap and was a great pick up that year ( before he became injury prone ).. yes Morton not as skillfull as Higgins but a similar scenario.

Repeated a bit of your post there LaHug sorry mate .. im pretty keen on him at the moment unless he has a shocker in the Granny

Footy_Boiz

Played well, confidence of being in a premiership side and good consistent game time near the end of the season. Could be a good pick next year