Games: 16

Position: C

Average: 112

Tons: 11

Grade: 8/10

Murphy in 2013
Price: $598,600 (Fan Planner)
Position: C

Started 2012 like a house on fire before teams began to put a hard tag on him and then was struck with injury in round 8. He returned in round 16 and barely put a foot wrong scoring some major tons and raising the eyebrows of many coaches for a potential 2013 start.
At under 600k Murphy is great value for a true premium that is in his prime in a side that we expect to be on the rise with a new coach in 2013. The only question mark we could perhaps have over Murphy is can he handle the hard tag? His scores really seemed to suffer when teams decided that he was posing more of a threat than the great Chris Judd and as Judd will be another year older, another year slower and perhaps less intimidating as he ever has been this will mean that Murphy is the number 1 targeted man. I personally think he is good enough to adapt and will still be a super pick up for the 2013 season.

Predicted avg: 120

Adamant

Good write-up quinny!
In my team atm...fantastic value!

quinny88

Quote from: Adamant on September 26, 2012, 01:05:27 AM
Good write-up quinny!
In my team atm...fantastic value!

Thanks mate :)
Yep deffinetly in mine as well

kilbluff1985

wont be in my starting team will see how he goes with tags next year

ronl

+1, some players just can't deal with tags very well and I think he may be one of them.

colmullet

i think he's pretty much a lock for his pricetag

Phasir

got him locked in with Scotty Pendleberry & Trent Cotchin as my 3 starting premos ;D

quinny88

Quote from: Phasir on September 26, 2012, 05:37:03 PM
got him locked in with Scotty Pendleberry & Trent Cotchin as my 3 starting premos ;D

No Gaz Phasir?

Phasir

nope, I've never had Gazza in any of my teams  :-X

quinny88

MajorLazer

colmullet

Ricochet

underpriced and a gun, so i'll be jumping on him early

Phasir

Gaz & Stevie J are two players I've never selected/won't select, along with Brad Ebert now that he's become a bit more relevant.. I'm not too sure why, but it hasn't really hurt me yet so I won't be changing just because everyone else has them..

anyway, Marc is going to be a gun, we all know it, I only like starting with 3 premos in the mids and the (underpriced)Pendles, (underpriced)Murphy & Cotchin combo looks really good to me this year :)