2013 SuperCoach Player Profile: Tom Rockliff

Started by quinny88, September 26, 2012, 12:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theta

Yeah am aware of his past in the 50.  Last year's move just didnt make sense to me.  Hope he plays midfield, wanna lock him. :)

Ringo

As I have said previously in this post and with Voss stating that Black will be managed suspect that Rocky will initially be used forward and then moved to the mids when Black is subbed.  Moloney will also be used in the centre as well so 2 of Rich, Redden, Beams, Zorko, Rocky may miss out.  Suspect the final wash up will be Rich playing off Half Back and Rocky forward.  Just my opinion though. Arrival of Martin may also change structure as well.

Tbag Brisbane does have small forwards expect to see a lot more of Green this year and Banfield and McGrath are capable as well. Zorko can also be used in this role as well.  He is the shortest of all Brisbane players.

Think that Rocky will still be a lock as if this is the plan and is conveyed from start he will know what is required.  At times last year Rocky appeared lost.

Bear in mind also that this will only be Rockys 4th season as well. Using Dangerfield as an example last year was his fourth and best so maybe this will be his year as well.

May sound a bit contradictory but I suspect Rocky to be among Brisbane's best this year,

theta

With Beams returning I assume he'll play as a small forward? 

And with Moloney now in the midfield, plus the introduction of Martin up forward and pinchhitting in the ruck, which 2-3 will miss out?

How do you guys see this affecting Rockliff, if at all?  Greater chance of more midfield time?  Or less?

Ringo

Do not want to speculate much more Theta.  Will wait and see how they line up at training later this month,  Hoping they use him in the mids as a run with player going head to head - Played this role against Priddis, Kennedy and Sidebottom last year.

Beams is more an inside player so can not see him being the small forward role.

Will keep updated after Brisbane's training sessions.

Keeper27

Quote from: theta on January 05, 2013, 05:10:20 AM
Hope he plays midfield, wanna lock him. :)

agreed, if not him then i'll get zorko.

theta

Quote from: Keeper27 on January 05, 2013, 11:06:47 PM
Quote from: theta on January 05, 2013, 05:10:20 AM
Hope he plays midfield, wanna lock him. :)

agreed, if not him then i'll get zorko.
I want both, but run into a problem in rnd 11 with dusty in there too   :-\