Main Menu

Chelsea Roffey

Started by Cicjose, September 25, 2012, 12:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

Mr.Craig

I think it's great. She's really stepped up her game this year.

ossie85

She made 2 big mistakes in the Sydney v Collingwood match (I was pretty close) - thought a Collingwood score was a goal but came off the knee - field umpire went for a review, and the touched decision should have at least been reviewed

So good on her, but thought she'd be dropped after that

ossie85

Edit - just read the article, apparently I'm wrong about the knee one, lol. My bad...

So the same 3 field umpires that watched Lewis Jetta run too far THREE times are all selected for the Grand Final. Meh.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on September 25, 2012, 01:15:45 PM

Edit - just read the article, apparently I'm wrong about the knee one, lol. My bad...

So the same 3 field umpires that watched Lewis Jetta run too far THREE times are all selected for the Grand Final. Meh.

Someone's bitter. lol :P

ossie85

Quote from: c4v3m4n on September 25, 2012, 01:20:15 PM

Yup! Wouldn't have made a difference in the end, but he ran a 100m for 3 bounces *does math*...

Btw, how would feel being the only umpire to NOT make it to the Grand FInal from Pies v Swans?

j959

Quote from: ossie85 on September 25, 2012, 01:40:57 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on September 25, 2012, 01:20:15 PM

Yup! Wouldn't have made a difference in the end, but he ran a 100m for 3 bounces *does math*...

Btw, how would feel being the only umpire to NOT make it to the Grand FInal from Pies v Swans?
it's like the NBA where officials don't call 'travelling' for huge dunks!
(i could be a bit biased about this)    ;)

you were wrong about the knee!   :P   ;)

Ringo

Great to see - Started her career here in Qld and moved to Melbourne to advance so great to see reward for the dedication.
In fairness to her im the final she asked for the referral for off the knee and in some cases it is extremely difficult to know if ball was touched if not at right angle to see but other officials should be able to advise if that is the case.

All the best Chelsea for the GF and well deserved.

j959

I'd marry her ... if she'd take me!!?   ;)

kilbluff1985

BratPack

Quote"I think Jeff said, 'Congratulations,' and I teared up and had a bit of a cry. So that's a bit girly, isn't it!

Yes. Let's condescend the girl while we're at it  ::)

Cruiseon

Quote from: j959 on September 25, 2012, 02:05:58 PM
I'd marry her ... if she'd take me!!?   ;)

I had noticed for awhile that your interest in Chelsea was somewhat disproportionate to what she offers.  :-[  I guess it's all relative but good on her.

quinny88

Ziplock

The jetta one was less than 90 metres os, I think it was about 85 ish, and the afl players are given leniency with the bouncing rule.... which means the average distance between his bounces was about 20 metres
(20 metres run, first bounce, 20 metres run, 2nd bounce, 20 metres run, 3rd bounce, 20 metres run). Considering the umpires are normally lenient with the bounces (since they don't have like a tape measurer or like metres marked like they do in nfl)... even so, an average of like 21 metres per bounce is pretty lenient :P

quinny88

Quote from: Ziplock on September 25, 2012, 10:35:35 PM
The jetta one was less than 90 metres os, I think it was about 85 ish, and the afl players are given leniency with the bouncing rule.... which means the average distance between his bounces was about 20 metres
(20 metres run, first bounce, 20 metres run, 2nd bounce, 20 metres run, 3rd bounce, 20 metres run). Considering the umpires are normally lenient with the bounces (since they don't have like a tape measurer or like metres marked like they do in nfl)... even so, an average of like 21 metres per bounce is pretty lenient :P

Agree. And I dont think that at any point it felt like he had ran too far without a bounce.
Umpire would have been crucified if he disallowed that goal