Main Menu

One More to Go - It's Grand Final Week

Started by My Chumps, September 24, 2012, 03:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Just a thread for all discussion leading up to the big dance!

Started thinking about matchups today...

Obviously Teddy will go to Franklin, and will do a darn good job of it too  ;)
Smith or Shaw onto Rioli? I'd almost prefer Shaw, and Smith on Breust... If Shaw has to play a negating roll, it means we don't have to deal with his dodgy disposal off half back too often  :P      Plus Shaw did a ripper job on him in Launceston.
Somebody HAS to tag Sammy Mitchell. Has to. The bloke is a ball magnet. But who goes to him? Perhaps McViegh? Bird?
And, I think as a clutch match up, LRT should play a smiliar roll to the one he did on Ben Reid last week on Gibson. Gibbo is pivital at killing long balls into the forward line. If LRT can block him out of the contest and also make him accountable, we'll be well on our way to the flag. I can see Sammy Reid beating Shoenmakers in a 1-1.

From there point of view, I expect Jordan Lewis to go to JPK... Not that anyone can stop Mr September  ;)
Not quite sure who goes to Goodesy... Can anyone remember who played on him last encounter?

And on another note, I wish Mailman was still around for added Sydney discussion  :(

Capper

There are plenty of Swans fans still around mate.

I think
Teddy will go to Franklin
Grundy/AJ to Roughie
Bird to Mitchell
Mummy/Pyke to Hale
Shaw on Rioli
Smith to Bruest
and i think Sewell will play on JPK

I can see LRT playing both back and forward this week. Will be a good tall forward like against the Pies but will also rotate through the def

My Chumps

Quote from: tabs on September 24, 2012, 03:26:18 PM
There are plenty of Swans fans still around mate.
I think
Teddy will go to Franklin
Grundy/AJ to Roughie
Bird to Mitchell
Mummy/Pyke to Hale
Shaw on Rioli
Smith to Bruest
and i think Sewell will play on JPK

I can see LRT playing both back and forward this week. Will be a good tall forward like against the Pies but will also rotate through the def
I know Tabs, still you, myself, Stewie, j595, Samm, SydRox, fireballz and anyone else I've missed!
It would just be nice to have Mailman aswell... The more the better  ;)
Probably Grundy on Roughy/Hale depending on who's forward.

Capper

Sliam

He may be back sooner than you think......

But Im in Germany on student exchange, so i missed the prelim and ill miss the gf

Im really devasted but ill still be cheering on and Ill have ff open in red and white.

Sorry bout disappearing tabs but it was a difficult personal reason.

SWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS

P.s i think grundy might go to Franklin and richards to roughead. Theyve done that the last couple of times and richards has been able to successfully zone out franklin as the 3rd man.

Capper

no worries mate.

Come back when you are ready, no rush.
Cheer on the Swans from there.... help us bring home the flag!!!

Dont worry about us champ, personal life comes first, we will still be here when you come back

Fireballz

You've nailed it Chumps and I think the key is LRT vs Gibson (if that is the match up). Nick Smith on Rioli or Lewis Jetta to go head to head with him?

Not a lot of people are prepared to categorically back us in. Swans will win and win well! O'Keefe for Norm Smith!

;D 8) ;)

My Chumps

Quote from: Fireballz on September 25, 2012, 02:26:23 AM
You've nailed it Chumps and I think the key is LRT vs Gibson (if that is the match up). Nick Smith on Rioli or Lewis Jetta to go head to head with him?

Not a lot of people are prepared to categorically back us in. Swans will win and win well! O'Keefe for Norm Smith!

;D 8) ;)
What a prediction here mate! ;D

theta

Quote from: Fireballz on September 25, 2012, 02:26:23 AM

;D 8) ;)
+1