Well done boys! Am 1 proud Crows supporter right now!

Started by Hagebear, September 22, 2012, 08:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 23, 2012, 12:50:29 AM
Yes zip they finished 7th on the ladder. But then they finished progressed through the first round of finals, whilst Geelong and Roos got eliminated, so they finished 7th and 8th. Freo then knocked out the following week so they finished 5th or 6th (not sure how they decide who finished higher out of them or West Coast). Maybe you need to learn your facts before trying to belittle teams ::)

wait, so the ladders/ rankings/ draft picks include finals results? Like if you finish 8th in the H/A season, but end up winning the grandfinal, you get your first round pick of 18, not 10?

that sounds... wrong to me....

but, if that's how they do it, then I *presume* that west coast would be 5th and freo 6th based on the H/A ladder.

Hagebear

Quote from: Ziplock on September 23, 2012, 01:12:25 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on September 23, 2012, 12:50:29 AM
Yes zip they finished 7th on the ladder. But then they finished progressed through the first round of finals, whilst Geelong and Roos got eliminated, so they finished 7th and 8th. Freo then knocked out the following week so they finished 5th or 6th (not sure how they decide who finished higher out of them or West Coast). Maybe you need to learn your facts before trying to belittle teams ::)

wait, so the ladders/ rankings/ draft picks include finals results? Like if you finish 8th in the H/A season, but end up winning the grandfinal, you get your first round pick of 18, not 10?

that sounds... wrong to me....

but, if that's how they do it, then I *presume* that west coast would be 5th and freo 6th based on the H/A ladder.

So if Sydney win next week, Hawthorn still finish first?? I'm not sure how all the draft picks end up with finals results but u will see in the final ladder position Freo will finish 5th.

CrowsFan

How does that sound wrong to you? If you win the grand final you are therefore the best team for the year so you should get the last pick, no matter if you finished first or 8th after the H/A season. Freo was one of the last 6 teams and so therefore could not finish 7th ;)

Ziplock

yeah, it sounds counter intuitive to me.

the home and away ladder should be the best indication of a teams strength, and whether or not they need high draft picks, rather than the inclusion of final series data. But, smeh, if that's how they run it, so be it :P

lachie_001

Very heartbreaking this loss, my birthdays on grand final day so I was hoping for the ultimate day. But unfortunately that is the cruel reality of football. We played a good game of football, one that should have us gain respect and that should shut up people who say we were only there for the easy draw. Im very proud to see such a quick development year and I'm looking forward to next year. Thanks for a top career Dogga!

Jay

I cant believe you tools are bringing up our draw now!!! We lost to the best team in the comp by 5points in a prelim!!! Draw has nothing to do with the fight and the resilliance we showed last night.

Ziplock

hawthorn did play terribly- but what we were saying was it was going to be interesting to see how the crows go when the play hawks, swans, collingwood twice, rather than gws, gc, freo.

Hagebear

Well we beat most of the top 8 teams this year. Lost to Hawthorn (will probably win the flag) beat Sydney in Sydney, beat Geelong by 50pts, beat West Coast by 50pts, beat Freo 3 times and list to Collingwood and North. Remember everyone expected us to finish in the bottom 4. And most people thought Hawthorn would win that prelim by 10 goals. With such a young and inexperienced side I don't think we're that far off.

afl_freak2

crows will be very hard to beat during the next 3 years!

roo boys!

Quote from: Ziplock on September 23, 2012, 01:37:49 AM

the home and away ladder should be the best indication of a teams strength, and whether or not they need high draft picks, rather than the inclusion of final series data. But, smeh, if that's how they run it, so be it :P
Nah you're right Zip, it's where you finish at the end of the H&A.

Ziplock

Quote from: Hagebear on September 23, 2012, 05:59:14 PM
Well we beat most of the top 8 teams this year. Lost to Hawthorn (will probably win the flag) beat Sydney in Sydney, beat Geelong by 50pts, beat West Coast by 50pts, beat Freo 3 times and list to Collingwood and North. Remember everyone expected us to finish in the bottom 4. And most people thought Hawthorn would win that prelim by 10 goals. With such a young and inexperienced side I don't think we're that far off.
you also lost to sydney in adelaide in a final :P geelong sucks, and so does north.

nah, most people who knew what they were talking about tipped you for the 8, especially considering your draw.

Quote from: roo boys! on September 23, 2012, 07:17:42 PM

haha, thought so. Suck it, freo finished 7th :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: Ziplock on September 23, 2012, 07:28:45 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on September 23, 2012, 07:17:42 PM

haha, thought so. Suck it, freo finished 7th :P
So why is it last year Geelong were assigned the final first round draft pick when it was Collingwood who were minor premiers?? Because they won the grand final! Geelong given pick 26 and Pies 25. That's all the proof you need right there!

Ziplock

I didn't  bother checking up on last year because I was worried the introduction of GWS might have skewed it with all their picks up high. Are you sure it wasn't a trade thing?

tbagrocks

Final League possition comes down to how far you went in the finals, this also determines Draft order

Ziplock

I presume outside of finals it just goes in normal ladder position?

It still doesn't seem right to me... but I guess better than seperating north and freo on % I guess.