Well done boys! Am 1 proud Crows supporter right now!

Started by Hagebear, September 22, 2012, 08:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

yeah obviously on Port

but still doubt they will play GC, GWS twice again and probably not fremantle twice again

afl_freak2

whats wrong with playing freo and port twice?? freo are  a good team and showdowns are a tough game 90% of the time!

vic teams have had the rub of the green in terms of easy draws for over 10 years......... they play at home just about every week! clear advantage for over 10 years.

Cicjose

dont you remember that scoreline from a few years ago....................

Ziplock

probably be similar to geelongs this year (since they finished 2nd as well)

cats had 2x pies (1), wbd (10), swans (7), Hawks (3)

meaning they'll probably get 2x on Port (14), Hawks(1), Swans(3), WCE(5)/Collingwood(4)

just an estimate, based that ports lower ranked than wbd, 2nd game against 7th will probably be upgraded.

afl freak- freo had a good finish to the season, but was pretty much =7th on the ladder, and when adelaide first played them they were in shocking form. By themselves a good team, but when you consider that they were the strongest team the crows played twice, really indicates the soft draw.

port... sucks... that's all. Giants beat them- enough said, and I go for the giants.

Travel makes a substantial difference maybe for the WA teams, but honestly not a massive one for most the other interstate teams, it's what, an hour, hour half from adelaide to melbourne?... means victorian teams have an edge for home games vs interstate, with a bigger supporter base, but significant disadvantage when playing interstate away, and have less of a home ground advantage against other melbourne teams.

It all works out *reasonably*

Hagebear

Quote from: Cicjose on September 22, 2012, 10:56:07 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 22, 2012, 10:11:59 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on September 22, 2012, 10:05:37 PM
Quote from: afl_freak2 on September 22, 2012, 09:31:35 PM
Without trying to sound a knob......... if the crows had the rub of the green when it comes to umpiring the would have WON that game!

the easiest draw in modern history and your complaining about umpires...........
draw had little to do with the Crows success ::) without the last two games (Melbourne and GC) still went 15 from 20

2 vs gc 2 vs port 2 vs gws and 2 v fremantle.................. every single one of those were wins and you could have won all those without a lot of your best 22

Fremantle finished 5th, also beat Sydney in Sydney, beat Geelong by 50pts and West Coast by 50pts and lost to Hawthorn in a Prelim by 5pts who were paying $1.10 to win. If u don't think we deserved to be where we are your a massive noob!

Hagebear

And even worse ur a Fremantle supporter, and giving your own side who finished 5th no credit!

tbagrocks

finished third but still get to bring in a free draft pick

Brad Crouch

Tominator

Hagebear

Ziplock

Quote from: Hagebear on September 22, 2012, 11:27:43 PM
And even worse ur a Fremantle supporter, and giving your own side who finished 5th no credit!

... freo came 7th mate.

Hagebear

Umm last time I checked they made the semi final and lost by less then West Coast so I'm sure u'll find they finish 5th.

Capper

Quote from: Hagebear on September 23, 2012, 12:19:04 AM
Umm last time I checked they made the semi final and lost by less then West Coast so I'm sure u'll find they finish 5th.
yeh they knocked off the cats and lost by 10 i think to crows

Ziplock

Quote from: Hagebear on September 23, 2012, 12:19:04 AM

http://www.afl.com.au/Ladder/tabid/74/Default.aspx

deadset mate, takes like 5 seconds to look it up.

7th, and only by % as well.

CrowsFan

Yes zip they finished 7th on the ladder. But then they finished progressed through the first round of finals, whilst Geelong and Roos got eliminated, so they finished 7th and 8th. Freo then knocked out the following week so they finished 5th or 6th (not sure how they decide who finished higher out of them or West Coast). Maybe you need to learn your facts before trying to belittle teams ::)

Cicjose

Quote from: Hagebear on September 22, 2012, 11:24:00 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on September 22, 2012, 10:56:07 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 22, 2012, 10:11:59 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on September 22, 2012, 10:05:37 PM
Quote from: afl_freak2 on September 22, 2012, 09:31:35 PM
Without trying to sound a knob......... if the crows had the rub of the green when it comes to umpiring the would have WON that game!

the easiest draw in modern history and your complaining about umpires...........
draw had little to do with the Crows success ::) without the last two games (Melbourne and GC) still went 15 from 20

2 vs gc 2 vs port 2 vs gws and 2 v fremantle.................. every single one of those were wins and you could have won all those without a lot of your best 22

Fremantle finished 5th, also beat Sydney in Sydney, beat Geelong by 50pts and West Coast by 50pts and lost to Hawthorn in a Prelim by 5pts who were paying $1.10 to win. If u don't think we deserved to be where we are your a massive noob!

i was merely pointing out the fact that Adelaide had an easy draw something you failed to grasp

some people have short memories......  ::)