Main Menu

All Time Tennis: Draft!

Started by Torpedo10, September 22, 2012, 01:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

FARK You Torp my next selection as well. Good trivia question name the Australian Tennis Player who has won the most Slams.  Most go for Laver but Emmo has won one more.

Will be away for next 3 days so will pm some picks in case I am not on.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Ringo on September 26, 2012, 08:48:12 PM
FARK You Torp my next selection as well. Good trivia question name the Australian Tennis Player who has won the most Slams.  Most go for Laver but Emmo has won one more.

Will be away for next 3 days so will pm some picks in case I am not on.
Ringo, Don't mean to be a nerd but I knew that when I was 4.  :P PM me your picks.

Holz

Again another easy pick for me.  I have Borg who is a master on clay and grass. Tilden one of the greatest grass court players of all time. Im lacking on hard courts so I take my favourite male player of all time.

Still only 25 so has plenty of years to go up in the record books.  4 hard court grand slams and 1 Wimbledon So far. Playing in the era of Fed and Nadal. I would argue he is the best hard court player of the 3. Has an amazing backhand and I would say if not the best defence ever it would have to be close to it.

Watch out on Hard courts because he will beat almost anyone on his day.

NOVAK DJOKOIVC

Noz

My next pick just qualifies for era 1 after turning pro in 1949 was the world number 1 for just a lazy 8 years.

Pancho Gonzales

Holz

Quote from: Noz on September 26, 2012, 10:00:20 PM
My next pick just qualifies for era 1 after turning pro in 1949 was the world number 1 for just a lazy 8 years.

Pancho Gonzales

fantastic pick was hoping he would fall under the radar. Already have an era 1 player but if i didnt he would have been my pick.

Ringo

My next pick also qualifies for Era 1 as he won the Australian Open in 1949

Frank Sedgman and went on to win a further 5 grand slam titles

Next Pick is a strong one from era 3 winning 8 grand slam titles between 1974 and 1983 but never won a French title.

Jimmy Connors

Noz

Holz

Quote from: Ringo on September 26, 2012, 10:08:15 PM
My next pick also qualifies for Era 1 as he won the Australian Open in 1949

Frank Sedgman and went on to win a further 5 grand slam titles

Next Pick is a strong one from era 3 winning 8 grand slam titles between 1974 and 1983 but never won a French title.

Jimmy Connors

Far out great pick with Connors, I would have taken him but i thought he was gone. Saw Jim Courier quickly and from some reason I read it as Jimmy Connors, because I thought Connors would have easily gone before him.

Holz

Im going to pick the only guy to ever win an Aussie Open on grass and on Harcourt. It shows how versatile he was with 7 grand slam wins with 2 on grass, 2 on hard courts, 3 on clay.

Mats Willander

Torpedo10

I'll take a 4 time French Champ,2 time Wimbledon champ & 1 time US Open champ.......A gun from era 1 & one of the 4 french musketeers.....Henri Cochet

Spinking

Loved this bloke growing up:

Stefan Edberg

Jukes

I would have thought Koop would be back by now but :P

We'll take Novak Djokovic and Guillermo Vilas.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Jukes on September 30, 2012, 12:41:09 PM

Joker is taken. Please pick again. Vilas is good though.

Jay

Quote from: Jukes on September 30, 2012, 12:41:09 PM

Holzman took Djoko mate :)

P.S your up in NBA draft

Jukes