2013 Player Profiles - Jimmy Bartel

Started by nrich102, September 19, 2012, 04:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Yeah looked really good today but still not sure i'll fit him in :-\

henry

Got a spot open for a premium forward at the moment, he or wright would have to be the front runners given robbo has yet to do muchto impress me.

Adamant

Quote from: henry on March 02, 2013, 06:49:55 PM
Got a spot open for a premium forward at the moment, he or wright would have to be the front runners given robbo has yet to do muchto impress me.

Robbo will dominate regardless.

He didn't have a full pre-season last year due to a back injury, yet still returned for the last NAB game and belted out a 67 in a half. 8)

Toga

Not sold, ada :o

Fwds atm are:

Rockliff, Lewis, Dusty, Broughts, Patton, Macaffer (Neade, Rowe)

Are they a bit weak or ok? I could downgrade Hartlett to Broughts in def, and then maybe reshuffle a bit and try get someone else like Bartel in the fwds...

Adamant

Quote from: Toga on March 02, 2013, 06:57:48 PM
Not sold, ada :o

Fwds atm are:

Rockliff, Lewis, Dusty, Broughts, Patton, Macaffer (Neade, Rowe)

Are they a bit weak or ok? I could downgrade Hartlett to Broughts in def, and then maybe reshuffle a bit and try get someone else like Bartel in the fwds...

Robbo is a gun, he'll smash it under Mick. 8)

Your forwards are interesting, they're solid, but probably a little too weak tbh. What are your thoughts on Lewis? he is very consistent, but he doesn't have much upside, which means he won't rise or drop in price too much making him a better upgrade target. Can you post the rest of your team please?

Toga

pommyadam

i'm not convinced on Jimmy as a long term option, but someone that you can have for the first 5 rounds (he started last season VERY well) and then jump onto a fallen premo

tempted, but just not completely convinced

Colliwobblers

he won't get mid time like he did today when the Cats have their full strength midfield in place.

a good pick and a gun but not going to be in the top 10 fwds at seasons end, or for the first 5 rounds imo

cats have a shocking hard start to the season. still he did look great today for nab 2

Adamant

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 02, 2013, 07:20:05 PM
he won't get mid time like he did today when the Cats have their full strength midfield in place.

a good pick and a gun but not going to be in the top 10 fwds at seasons end, or for the first 5 rounds imo

cats have a shocking hard start to the season. still he did look great today for nab 2

Bartel will be a top 10 forward Colli.

Ricochet

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 02, 2013, 07:20:05 PM

Exactly, don't get roped into the NAB Cup hype too much boys.

Justin Bieber

GM

For me it comes down to Zorko or Jimmy for rd1 atm.
No SJ RD 1 Colli,plenty of mid time for Jimmy imo.

Andrew

Quote from: greenmoon on March 05, 2013, 02:19:07 PM
For me it comes down to Zorko or Jimmy for rd1 atm.
No SJ RD 1 Colli,plenty of mid time for Jimmy imo.

I had forgot about that! I think he's a chance of going boom in Geelong's big games early because he's a big game player, but he doesn't have that many runs on the board last year against his early opponents. 91 v North, 74 v Carlton, and he pretty much repeated the dose in 2011 (91 & 77). I'm wanting better than that for how expensive he is. Zorko wins for me.

LF

If you looking for a pod the Bartel could be the way to go
There are a lot of similar looking teams appearing now as the NAB cup goes further on.

Andrew

Quote from: luvfooty on March 05, 2013, 02:59:03 PM
If you looking for a pod the Bartel could be the way to go
There are a lot of similar looking teams appearing now as the NAB cup goes further on.

Defence and rucks looking similar, yes. But mid premiums and forward lines are differing a fair bit I reckon.