Price: $248,400 (FanPlanner)

2011 Games: 15

2012 Games: 5

2011 Average: 70

2012 Average: 52.6

2012 Tons: -

Big games: Suns (81), Eagles (71)

Summary:
A very popular pick up in the backlines in 2011 before succumbing to injury once again, Andy Otten opened the season with a very respectable 81 (albeit against the suns) before having two consecutive very quiet games, which cannot be attributed to a subbing or anything else. These two scores (16, 30) are inexplicably low, as they were against the bulldogs, whom the crows beat, and against hawthorn, who the crows lost too, so opposition does not explain these scores - can anyone help me here? It looks like from this point on, Otten just struggled for a game at the crows, only playing a total of 5 games for the rest of the season! In normal games, it seems he scores well, its just a question of those very very low scores that appeared this season, as they are definitely not acceptable from a mid-pricer, as most rookies would beat these scores with or without being subbed...

Verdict:
I will definitely have a look at him but I must say I am worried about the low scores, seeing as they were not sub or injury affected, and the fact that he struggled to break into the crows team. Will probably opt for a more prolific backman (e.g. Bock)

Predicted 2013 average: if there is an explanation for those scores, could be around the 70 mark... if not, 60?

Adamant

I agree, would much rather Bock for 15k cheaper!

tbagrocks

I actually started with him because he is a quality midfielder played out of position, should he get regular games that 70 ave will balloon well above that mark, could easily ave 20 possessions in the backline next year, I'm thinking he may even want to be traded, see how he goes this week as he is likely to come in for Shaw

Toga

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 18, 2012, 08:31:05 PM
I actually started with him because he is a quality midfielder played out of position, should he get regular games that 70 ave will balloon well above that mark, could easily ave 20 possessions in the backline next year, I'm thinking he may even want to be traded, see how he goes this week as he is likely to come in for Shaw

yeah i was wondering about that tbag, thought that if he wasn't getting a game this year with the likes of talia and shaw rising up, his opportunites aren't looking to rise much next year so could be trade bait like knightsy?

also, can you tell me whether his lack of games was due to injury or just not being able to break into the side? :)

tbagrocks

Had a knee injury in January and srtuggled early and was dropped for Rd 4, recalled Rd 5 then dropped again, believe he had a few injuries after this, has shown good form for South Adelaide in the second half of the season, got recalled for Rd 17 but injured again in the game, played a couple now for South and almost got called up last week
      Probably hasn't been the same since missing 2010 but he's young and has a big future

ronl

Not only injury prone, but prone to patches of inexplicably poor form. Afraid he's on my "never again" list.

Ricochet

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ricochet on September 19, 2012, 10:44:04 AM
is he in Adelaides best 22 tba?
At the start of the year he was, not really sure what has happened to keep him out, was a few injuries but I wouldn't call him injury prone, weather or not he stays at Adelaide (likely) I'm sure come Rd1 2013 he will be strongly considered, it might even seem Sammy Shaw has taken his spot atm, but I do expect him to play next year

Justin Bieber

Ricochet

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 19, 2012, 10:59:49 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 19, 2012, 10:44:04 AM
is he in Adelaides best 22 tba?
At the start of the year he was, not really sure what has happened to keep him out, was a few injuries but I wouldn't call him injury prone, weather or not he stays at Adelaide (likely) I'm sure come Rd1 2013 he will be strongly considered, it might even seem Sammy Shaw has taken his spot atm, but I do expect him to play next year
ok cool thanks mate

Shihan7