Main Menu

All Australian Team

Started by jmoynihan9, September 17, 2012, 09:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: jmoynihan9 on September 18, 2012, 01:31:47 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 18, 2012, 07:50:56 AM

I'd replace Swan with Pavlich, but other than I can accept that team pretty well
Why swan? Id take others out before swan

Think 4 midfielders on the bench is a bit much, and think Swan has been a touch down on influence this year - Deledio, JPK and Pendles over Swan for me.

henry

Quote from: ossie85 on September 18, 2012, 02:16:27 PM
Quote from: jmoynihan9 on September 18, 2012, 01:31:47 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 18, 2012, 07:50:56 AM

I'd replace Swan with Pavlich, but other than I can accept that team pretty well
Why swan? Id take others out before swan

Think 4 midfielders on the bench is a bit much, and think Swan has been a touch down on influence this year - Deledio, JPK and Pendles over Swan for me.
Same for me. Sure he's averaged 35 possies but the majority of them are meaningless, unlike the much more damaging other 3 you have mentioned. Jacobs not being the #1 ruck is ridiculous, Naitanui has noway been as good as him. Pavlich and Mitchell are the others that are the stiffest not to get in though its good to see Richard and McPharlin in who are underated.

Maca24

mx187

Just a couple of my thoughts.

1. D Glass as captain??? Would'nt have picked this in a million years. Surely Ablett,Watson or Cotchin?
2. L Frankilin and T Hawkins over J Riewoldt, Coleman medallist should be a no brainer.
3. Would have picked Jacobs over Nic Nat, I find Nic Nat goes missing in too many games.
4. I would have gone K Jack instead of D Swan. Swan is good but too many easy possesions and not always effictive.
5. Lids on the bench? Easy swap for Birchall.

Very Surprising team.

Jroo

Quote from: mx187 on September 18, 2012, 07:47:05 PM

1. D Glass as captain??? Would'nt have picked this in a million years. Surely Ablett,Watson or Cotchin?
2. L Frankilin and T Hawkins over J Riewoldt, Coleman medallist should be a no brainer.
3. Would have picked Jacobs over Nic Nat, I find Nic Nat goes missing in too many games.
4. I would have gone K Jack instead of D Swan. Swan is good but too many easy possesions and not always effictive.

Very Surprising team.
Yep + 1 for all of them especially the first 2!
But not 5, Lids hasn't really played back this year and Birchall has still been pretty good!

ossie85

Very Surprising team.

1. Glass is a superb leader, and this is his 4th All Aus. Nothing against him being captain.

2. Franklin played 6 less matches and lost the Coleman by only 8 I think. Clearly over JRoo. Hawkins influence in games this year was far greater than Jroo. I'd rate Pavlich, Walker and Petrie ahead of Jroo. Fraser Gehrig and Scott Cummings in the last 14 years are also Coleman medallists that missed out.

3. Though chose a pair (Cox/Nic Nat) over a single (Jacobs or Maric).

4. I agree

5. Lids played more midfield time than Birchall.

And how could Pavlich's omission not been a thought!

mx187

Quote from: ossie85 on September 18, 2012, 08:28:28 PM

Very Surprising team.

1. Glass is a superb leader, and this is his 4th All Aus. Nothing against him being captain.

2. Franklin played 6 less matches and lost the Coleman by only 8 I think. Clearly over JRoo. Hawkins influence in games this year was far greater than Jroo. I'd rate Pavlich, Walker and Petrie ahead of Jroo. Fraser Gehrig and Scott Cummings in the last 14 years are also Coleman medallists that missed out.

4. I agree

Yeah good points Ossie.

1. Not doubting Glass's ability to lead, maybe more surprised that one of the classy midfield missed out. Find it hard to justify Ablett captain last year but not this year. Thinking maybe a little sentimental.

2. Just a stronger believer that the coleman medallist should be in the all Australian side. I agree probably would pick Franklin, Walker or Petrie ahead of Jroo in class and desire. (No doubt Franklin would have been the leading goal kicker this year if he had played more games)

3. Not real unhappy about this choice Just surprised, not Nic Nat's biggest fan.

5. Your right much more midfield time, suppose thinking DT/SC here would have Lids in my backline not my mids.

mx187

Quote from: mx187 on September 18, 2012, 09:12:53 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 18, 2012, 08:28:28 PM

Very Surprising team.

4. I agree

Yeah good points Ossie.

1. Not doubting Glass's ability to lead, maybe more surprised that one of the classy midfield missed out. Find it hard to justify Ablett captain last year but not this year. Thinking maybe a little sentimental.

2. Just a stronger believer that the coleman medallist should be in the all Australian side. I agree probably would pick Franklin, Walker or Petrie ahead of Jroo in class and desire. (No doubt Franklin would have been the leading goal kicker this year if he had played more games)

3. Not real unhappy about this choice Just surprised, not Nic Nat's biggest fan.

5. Your right much more midfield time, suppose thinking DT/SC here would have Lids in my backline not my mids.
Sorry ossie

Pav's omission is very surprising as well was thinking that just forgot to mention it.