Dale Thomas (Collingwood Magpies)

Position: Mid

Price: $440,100

2011 Games: 19

2012 Games: 17

2011 Average: 102.9

2012 Average: 93.1

2012 Tons: 7

Big games: Suns (133), Crows (124), Dockers (116), Roos (116)

Summary:
Daisy had a bit of an interrupted season this year as a result of a long stint on the sidelines because of injury. He was subbed off in the Pies' round 20 win over the swans, averaging 97 when the sub-affected game is not included. Didn't quite reach the 100+ average that he achieved the year before, primarily due to the emergence of young guns Dayne Beams and Steele Sidebottom, who have robbed Dais of some of his time in the middle. This has prompted some to call for him to gain DPP status - will he? Probably not, I'd think, but if he did, he would have to be strongly considered for a place in your team. Will be interesting to see what happens to the structure of the Magpie's midfield next season with Lukey Ball coming back into the mix, as a few players will be shuffled around and he could get chucked back into the middle, making him a worthwhile option at this price (although he has become susceptible to tags on occasion because of his untaggable teammates).

Verdict:
Watchlist. Probably not for me, unless he gains DPP. Just too many quality collingwood midfielders to fit into a team, let alone all of the mids from other teams!

Predicted 2013 average: 103

Adamant

Good write-up  :)
Daisy would be a lock if DPP...otherwise, like you said too many better options who will push 110+ averages.

Toga

Quote from: Adamant on September 16, 2012, 07:30:31 PM
Daisy would be a lock if DPP...otherwise, like you said too many better options who will push 110+ averages.

Thanks mate :)

What's everyone's thoughts on him getting DPP? I reckon he probably should but will VS be stingy with it?  :-[

Adamant

Quote from: Toga on September 16, 2012, 07:32:08 PM
Quote from: Adamant on September 16, 2012, 07:30:31 PM

Thanks mate :)

What's everyone's thoughts on him getting DPP? I reckon he probably should but will VS be stingy with it?  :-[
I reckon he should, but VS probably wont agree....you never know though, Dusty & Robbo both got it last year unexpected  :P

elephants

When he's on he is most definitely on.

I see a big year tbh.

Jukes

He's in a similar situation as Rocky for me, will almost defo get if c/f but if only mid they have no chance.

Toga

Quote from: elephants on September 16, 2012, 07:39:25 PM
When he's on he is most definitely on.

I see a big year tbh.

i had forgotten about him, did write ups on pendles and beams.... seriously tempting... risky but could pay big dividends  :o

Hagebear

Pass for me. Seems to be getting the tag at Collingwood now also.

henry

Not for me unless dpp and even then probably not. Surely with Sidebottom, Pendles, Beams, Swan, Thomas and in the midfield something has to give, they can't all average 100.

Adamant

Quote from: henry on September 16, 2012, 08:35:43 PM
Not for me unless dpp and even then probably not. Surely with Sidebottom, Pendles, Beams, Swan, Thomas and in the midfield something has to give, they can't all average 100.
True, but he is still a safe 95+ average who will be underpriced...

me

absolutely not, bucks doesn't give him much midfield time anymore (or enough rather to average 100+)

Shihan7

Capper

One word

NO

Went missing to many time this year

Windigo

Love him as a player.  :)

Really busts a gut out there if you watch him closely. Tries his best which I personally love.

Think a lot of players could take a leaf out of Dale's book.