Can we beat Hawthorn?

Started by Hagebear, September 16, 2012, 10:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Beware those who have nothing too lose!

Blues beat Bombers in 1999 when they shouldn't have

Pies were this close to beating Geelong in 2007 PF

Cruiseon

Wouldn't it be nice, just the thought makes me smile.

Capper

Quote from: Cruiseon on September 18, 2012, 07:55:48 PM

just imagine it, a Swans v Crows Grand final.......

The people of Melbourne would love it......

tbagrocks

Quote from: tabs on September 18, 2012, 08:04:01 PM

Now I want it to happen just for that fact

McRooster

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 18, 2012, 05:48:27 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on September 18, 2012, 12:17:06 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 18, 2012, 11:21:27 AM
I think the question should be... who will play on Buddy?

May think it's crazy, but what if the Crows moved Tippett down back to play on him? Certainly got the hight, strength and endurance to play on him. He has been playing very poorly in the forward line the last few weeks, so move him back on to Buddy. Then bring in Jenkins and play him at FF. Would also mean that we have 2 players capable of helping out Jacobs in the ruck to bring down Hale and Roughy :)

Thoughts?

Crows would have to play a loose man infront of Buddy for that to work. Tippett might do okay man to man but he'd get carved up on the lead.
Quote from: CrowsFan on September 18, 2012, 05:50:56 PM
I think they would have to play a loose man in front no matter who was going toe to toe with Buddy ;)
which is why they won't flower with structure at this point of the season, Brent Reilly will play in front (his hole filling, ball sense/usage and experience almost got him AA this year) plus he sets up sooo much moving forward off half back.
Truck will start on him if Buddy starts deep, Luke Thompson if Buddy starts high. Doughty will chop up Cyril, again.

Kochitzke Tippett needs to stay forward as the pack crashing decoy forward, he does not have the footy nouse to understand how Buddy moves.

CrowsFan

Yeah I see where you're coming from roost, was just an outside the box suggestion ;)

Problem is I haven't seen Tippett crashing many packs recently after all his concussions... :-\

McRooster

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 18, 2012, 08:29:39 PM
Yeah I see where you're coming from roost, was just an outside the box suggestion ;)

Problem is I haven't seen Tippett crashing many packs recently after all his concussions... :-\
His recent form actually reminds me of Matthew Robran back in the Glory days of the late 90's. Watch his GF appearances closely and the amount of 1 per centers he delivers is reminiscent of how Tippett is playing atm. Sure I'd rather Tippett bag a few more sausage rolls but I see what Adelaide is doing with the out of touch spearhead. The problem is however, in an effort to de stabilize Hawthorns defensive unit, Tippett's form is only going to attract Schoenmakers  :P

Cruiseon

Quote from: tabs on September 18, 2012, 08:04:01 PM

You misread us, we are not as parochial as those to our West.

If Collingwood can't make it, then I for one would love that GF.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: McRooster on September 18, 2012, 08:22:10 PM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 18, 2012, 05:48:27 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on September 18, 2012, 12:17:06 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 18, 2012, 11:21:27 AM
I think the question should be... who will play on Buddy?

May think it's crazy, but what if the Crows moved Tippett down back to play on him? Certainly got the hight, strength and endurance to play on him. He has been playing very poorly in the forward line the last few weeks, so move him back on to Buddy. Then bring in Jenkins and play him at FF. Would also mean that we have 2 players capable of helping out Jacobs in the ruck to bring down Hale and Roughy :)

Thoughts?

Crows would have to play a loose man infront of Buddy for that to work. Tippett might do okay man to man but he'd get carved up on the lead.
Quote from: CrowsFan on September 18, 2012, 05:50:56 PM
I think they would have to play a loose man in front no matter who was going toe to toe with Buddy ;)
which is why they won't flower with structure at this point of the season, Brent Reilly will play in front (his hole filling, ball sense/usage and experience almost got him AA this year) plus he sets up sooo much moving forward off half back.
Truck will start on him if Buddy starts deep, Luke Thompson if Buddy starts high. Doughty will chop up Cyril, again.

Kochitzke Tippett needs to stay forward as the pack crashing decoy forward, he does not have the footy nouse to understand how Buddy moves.

Reckon Reilly will be tagged by pup

Antsey

Am I alone being disappointed that Petrenko is named and not injured?  Otten in for Same Shaw is good but prefer Brodie Martin to Petrenko who I think is essentially silly.

Hagebear

Quote from: Antsey on September 20, 2012, 11:02:26 PM
Am I alone being disappointed that Petrenko is named and not injured?  Otten in for Same Shaw is good but prefer Brodie Martin to Petrenko who I think is essentially silly.

Sanderson said in a press conference today the Petrenko was a 'realistic chance' to play on Saturday but would have to pass a few fitness tests Friday and Saturday morning to play. Brodie Martin is 1st emergency so if Petrenko doesnt come up u'd think Martin will come straight in.

Colliwobblers

In answer to the question in the thread YES, but NO. long shot very very very long shot but it is possible.

Can anyone beat Hawthorn? same answer i fear.

I hope it is a hard tough game that doesn't blow out, one so if Collingwood meet the Hawks in the GF they are just as beat up as we are.

and two, because it will give further cred to the crows who with an easy draw i think haven't quite got the respect they may have deserved this season.

Still the crows is a VERY young list, SO MUCH improvement yet to come. I would say get used to playing finals Crows you'll be doing it for a few more years to come :)

Cicjose

im still one of the few that think they have overachieved based on their soft draw....

are they as good as a top 4 side? i don't think so... not yet anyway

are they a top 8 side? probably.....

i would like to see how they go next year but this year has been great for their development
because a lot of opportunities for youngsters this year with Port, GWS and Gold Coast games allowing players to be rested

but if the Hawks don't win then they only have themselves to blame

Ziplock

Quote from: Cicjose on September 21, 2012, 04:45:33 PM
im still one of the few that think they have overachieved based on their soft draw....

i would like to see how they go next year but this year has been great for their development
because a lot of opportunities for youngsters this year with Port, GWS and Gold Coast games allowing players to be rested

I'm with you- top 8, yeah, top 4, no.

I did an estimate on how they would have done if they hadnt played gws, gc, port twice, and I reckon they would have finished 5th at highest, more likely 6-8

Rusty00

Quote from: Ziplock on September 21, 2012, 04:48:29 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on September 21, 2012, 04:45:33 PM

I'm with you- top 8, yeah, top 4, no.

I did an estimate on how they would have done if they hadnt played gws, gc, port twice, and I reckon they would have finished 5th at highest, more likely 6-8
Whilst I agree, the fact is they are here now and if they play out of their skins and the Hawks are off their game then they will be in the Grand Final with a realistic chance of winning.

Then the talk about the soft draw is irrelevant  :-\