Main Menu

Can we beat Hawthorn?

Started by Hagebear, September 16, 2012, 10:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagebear

Quite simply does anyone think we can beat Hawthorn??  Can we contain their forward line with our injuries?

ossie85

Anything is possible.

.... but probably not.

Midfield battle for me is the most imporant, if Jacobs gets on top and feeds it well, who knows!

At least give it to them physically, even if you do get flogged.

tbagrocks

Remembering a quote from Leigh Matthews from 2001 when Brisbane played off against Essendon

IF IT BLEEDS YOU CAN KILL IT!

ossie85

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 16, 2012, 02:54:16 PM
Remembering a quote from Leigh Matthews from 2001 when Brisbane played off against Essendon

All I'm asking is that you make them bleed!

Hagebear

Yeh midfield battle will be key, but I think Tippett and Walker have to fire. We know Hawthorn will score, we just have to score more. Hahaha wow that sound a bit dumb! Haha

tbagrocks

the thing is there are two guys, both club champions who have disappointed in previous years, who are now playing ripper footy at just the right time, I'm talking about Bernie Vince who loves a big stage and Douchy Douglas probably playing his best footy for three years,

Wright has stepped up, Reilly staring at half back, Porplezia is firing, Tex has massive swagger, Dogga Doughty looking to go out with a bang, Callinan has massive finals experiance with Centrals, + the class of Thommo, Paddy, Sloane, Tippett, Sauce, Rutten, Johnckco, VB, Dmac,

the only concern is our key defenders with two rising star nominees of 2012 Sam Shaw and Daniel Talia to miss

AFEV

Quote from: ossie85 on September 16, 2012, 03:01:59 PM

All I'm asking is that you never use comic sans ever again. Please. :(

roo boys!

Quote from: Sid on September 16, 2012, 05:17:56 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 16, 2012, 03:01:59 PM

All I'm asking is that you never use comic sans ever again. Please. :(
WHY NOT? COMIC SANS IS flowerING AMAZING!

quinny88

Hate to rain on your parade guys, Ive been a big fan of the way Adelaide have gone about it this year and the energy that Sando has brought to the club, but I cant see Adelaide getting within 50 of Hawthorn at the G. Maybe a different story if it was at AAMI

EZA100

Not going to be easy to stop Hawthorn's running play.

Cruiseon

I wouldn't say Adelaide play bruise free football but they are not famous for their physical agression.

It remains our (Pies) only hope that Sanderson and Adelaide change their course inflict some physical wounds to Hawthorn, it everyone's only chance of knocking them off. Maybe Tippet could go out swinging!

Ricochet

I think the question should be... who will play on Buddy?

CrowsFan

Quote from: Ricochet on September 18, 2012, 11:21:27 AM

May think it's crazy, but what if the Crows moved Tippett down back to play on him? Certainly got the hight, strength and endurance to play on him. He has been playing very poorly in the forward line the last few weeks, so move him back on to Buddy. Then bring in Jenkins and play him at FF. Would also mean that we have 2 players capable of helping out Jacobs in the ruck to bring down Hale and Roughy :)

Thoughts?

Mr.Craig

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 18, 2012, 12:17:06 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 18, 2012, 11:21:27 AM

May think it's crazy, but what if the Crows moved Tippett down back to play on him? Certainly got the hight, strength and endurance to play on him. He has been playing very poorly in the forward line the last few weeks, so move him back on to Buddy. Then bring in Jenkins and play him at FF. Would also mean that we have 2 players capable of helping out Jacobs in the ruck to bring down Hale and Roughy :)

Thoughts?

Crows would have to play a loose man infront of Buddy for that to work. Tippett might do okay man to man but he'd get carved up on the lead.

CrowsFan

I think they would have to play a loose man in front no matter who was going toe to toe with Buddy ;)