High Price: 532,300

Fanplanner Price: 502,500

Position: C

Misc:

• Ranked 8th in Disposals Per Game
• Ranked 9th in Handballs Per Game   
• Ranked 13th in Uncontested Possessions Per Game

Thoughts

Toby had one of the best debut seasons I've seen in a while this year. Yet he didn't win the RS and that is why I'm actually contemplating picking him again in 2013. The pressure put on whoever wins this award has really stepped up over the last few years - and it's had an affect.
It's always a risk picking a player who ripped it up in their first season (See: Dyson Heppell, Daniel Rich) but this just might be a pick that can pay off. He came 8th in the AFL for average disposals despite his team getting kicked around in the midfield every week, and averaging almost 5 clearances a game despite being severely undersized is also extremely impressive.

Nonetheless it's a risk most won't be willing to take, he's a textbook 'you're gonna get burnt' player - Young, awkward price range and coming off his first season.

Verdict

If he shows signs that he (along with the rest of the GWS midfield) has improved over the offseason, I might give him a look as that 'next step' player. I'm a little gun shy though, I've been hurt by players just like him. I'm looking at you Dyson. :P

Prediction

I think he will crack the triple digits in 2013, only just though - 102.

Boomz

kilbluff1985

starting him in DT but not SC is a much better player then Heppell

Adamant

Hagebear

Yeh don't have anywhere enough guts to pick him. Waaaay to expensive to take a risk on.

Shihan7

Good write up, but he is to expensive for my liking.

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-10/no-secondyear-blues-for-green

Greene keen to avoid second-year blues

FAR FROM being content with a record-breaking rookie year, Greater Western Sydney teenager Toby Greene is making huge strides in pre-season training as he prepares for his second AFL campaign.

Greene was a revelation in 2012, compiling 539 disposals across his 20 games, more than any other 18-year-old in AFL history.

His average of 28.4 touches per contest ranked a lofty eighth overall in the competition, putting him ahead of the likes of 2012 All Australians Josh Kennedy, Brett Deledio and Patrick Dangerfield.

So is he resting on his laurels after a stunning debut season? No chance.

Pick 11 in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft, Greene is already showing improvement, winning the club's opening 3km time trial, conquering some sand dune runs â€" previously a pet hate â€" and adding some strength to his 179cm frame.

"I want to get stronger and fitter and faster," Greene told AFL.com.au.

kilbluff1985

man i'm so keen to start him really tough call

shorty3264

It would be a brave coach to pick him, no doubt he'll be doing everything to reach those heights again, but he will receive extreme attention from the oppsition now, aswell as the reasons sid wrote up in his 'thoughts'. With the likes of Fyfe, Mundy, Gaff and Gibbs slightly fearer. Be a very brave coach.

kilbluff1985

if i go with my tanking round 13 team i will probably start him

Samm79

Don't have the kahunas big enough to pick him this year but should be a prominent fantasy option for the next decade from 2014 forward. I think he plays a lot like Dane Swan, seems to rack 'em up with ease.

tbagrocks

The guy is training the house down, i'm sure we'll all fantasize about having him at some stage, bit like Fyfe, 2014 surely a lockety lock lock, for now, is after the byes he is ripping it alla Beams, get the frog on him

T Dog

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 16, 2012, 11:27:27 AM

Thats a big wrap KB...now I am interested.. ;D

kilbluff1985

Quote from: T Dog on January 11, 2013, 09:48:15 PM

he is the next Ablett/Swan mate

Ricochet

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 12, 2013, 12:30:23 AM
Quote from: T Dog on January 11, 2013, 09:48:15 PM

he is the next Ablett/Swan mate
I don't think Ablett/Swan are even in the same league... this kid is something else