2013 Player Profile: SCRADS' SMOKIE REVEALED !!!!!

Started by Scrads, September 16, 2012, 02:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Matthew Jaensch - Adelaide Crows

Position: BACK/FORWARD

Price: $290,400 (fanplanner)

2011 Games: 13
2011 Avg: 68.3

2012 Games: 10
2012 Avg: 61.9 (66.5 w/o sub game)
2012 tons: 1 and a 92

Summary:
Well what can I say. This is my official 2013 Smokie, although I cannot guarantee his selection in my team for next year. He reminds me ALOT of one Matthew Suckling. Why ? because firstly, he began his AFL career as a Rookie-listed player who has been elevated to the senior list. The main similarity between these two teams is they both possess LETHAL kicking skills. I can confirm that Jaensch has once been quoted to say that 'his biggest regret in life is not being on the receiving end of one of his own passes'. Now the other similarity is that in each of both Matthew's first few seasons they have scratched a few games together without being huge standouts, albeit fairly solid.

Now Suckling almost out of nowhere (and much to the surprise of even the Hawthorn folk) just clicked. He put the pieces together and became one of the premier 'go to' men out of defence at the Hawks. Some people accuse him of being a seagull but really that is almost exactly his role and it can be very rewarding DT-wise. If Jaensch can 'click' and become one of Adelaide's main 'go to' men from their defence then we may see a very similar break-out season as we saw from Suckling a couple of years ago.

With the retirement of Michael Doughty and the loss of form of Graham Johncock, a spot in Adelaide's side may open up in 2013 and should Jaensch take that spot, things may 'click' and a break-out 85+ season could be on the cards. Jaensch also has an amazing Kick:Handball ratio and can use his lethal foot to find the goals. I would think he could be a great attacking weapon across half-back, through the midfield or even across half-forward.

So there you have it, my Smokie is revealed ;) I am prepared for shreds to be torn, I ask you all to go easy on me :P

Verdict: I will certainly be one of the very few, if any, people who select Jaensch in 2013.

Scrads prediction: 20+ games, 85+ average.
Slightly more sensible prediction: 12 games, 65-70 average.

elephants

Well... All I can say is "I heard it here first"

;)

Noz

tbagrocks

might I just add he will be far more Super Coach relevant! I doubt he'll ever ave much over 80 and not next year, ripper player not sure why he doesn't play more often but that's the depth of Adelaide! Will be competing against his Sturt team mates Brodie Martin, Sam Kerridge and Aiden Riley for spots with only one half back spot available with Brodie Smith on the other, and I honestly think Luke Brown will get Dogga's spot next year.
     Most Crows supporters would want to see all these guys in the team but with VB, Reilly, Johncock, Vince, Douglas, Shaw, Henderson, Smith and Wright all in the best 22 their is not much room for any of them!
     Told you Adelaide has depth 8)

and I didn't mention Andy Otten :o who may play on Buddy this week but is more of a midfielder :o

Justin Bieber

Hagebear

Mm not sure about this one. Am a crows fan and will still be keeping clear of him. He's just to much of a knob. He's the crows trouble child and a few have overtaken him this year. I think Adelaide rate Brodie Martin alot higher.

Windigo

kilbluff1985

Torpedo10

Adamant

Great write-up!
Very interesting choice, hope it doesnt end up like Blease  :P

henry

That was my next guess! :P Nah I can see the reasoning for your thoughts but I'm not sure as I haven't followed the crows much. I'll be watching with interest over the pre season, though there are a lot of other mid priced back and forward options.

Scrads

Quote from: Hagebear on September 16, 2012, 10:55:58 AM
Mm not sure about this one. Am a crows fan and will still be keeping clear of him. He's just to much of a knob. He's the crows trouble child and a few have overtaken him this year. I think Adelaide rate Brodie Martin alot higher.

Mate, NO Hawthorn supporter saw Matthew Suckling's emergence coming. Most of us were surprised he was still on the list !! :o

DT Gun

awesome

Wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole

more expensive than the likes of lecras, gray and even kraks

stew42

Capper

If he is a DPP next year then he is worth a thought, but his JS will need to improve and it sounds like it might