2013 Player Profile: Steve Johnson

Started by Adamant, September 16, 2012, 12:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Yeah, gotta admit I have gone off him now...
may look at him as an upgrade target.

Football Factory

Now that we have lost Beams, Sidebum etc who in your opinion will average more than him apart from Buddy ?

Adamant

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 02, 2012, 08:39:43 PM
Now that we have lost Beams, Sidebum etc who in your opinion will average more than him apart from Buddy ?
Im not sure who will average more, but I reckon Zaha, Mitch Robbo and Martin are all better value.

Football Factory

Quote from: Adamant on October 02, 2012, 08:43:19 PM
Im not sure who will average more, but I reckon Zaha, Mitch Robbo and Martin are all better value.
I agree with what your saying because this gives you more money to spread out over your whole team but their prices represent their averages from last year. They are only better value if they average more next year than they did this year. I like to have some "value" mixed with a couple of the best players from each posistion

Adamant

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 02, 2012, 08:53:56 PM
I agree with what your saying because this gives you more money to spread out over your whole team but their prices represent their averages from last year. They are only better value if they average more next year than they did this year. I like to have some "value" mixed with a couple of the best players from each posistion
Yeah, I reckon all 3 of them will improve their averages next year. Zaha was averaging 90+ before his injury, and his last 3 games (returning from injury) really affected his average...making him underpriced. Same thing with Robbo - Was averaging 95-100 before his injury, and will be priced at 90. Not so sure about Dusty being underpriced, but I reckon he should improve with another pre-season under his belt. Stevie J will always have that sub-70 game, which will make him plummet in price and be able to pick him up cheaper.

Football Factory

Quote from: Adamant on October 02, 2012, 09:07:32 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 02, 2012, 08:53:56 PM
Yeah, I reckon all 3 of them will improve their averages next year. Zaha was averaging 90+ before his injury, and his last 3 games (returning from injury) really affected his average...making him underpriced. Same thing with Robbo - Was averaging 95-100 before his injury, and will be priced at 90. Not so sure about Dusty being underpriced, but I reckon he should improve with another pre-season under his belt. Stevie J will always have that sub-70 game, which will make him plummet in price and be able to pick him up cheaper.
Yeah i agree Dusty and Zaka definitely have room to move and improve on their averages so they are better value. I dont normally muck around with the higher scoring players from each position .. eg.. Swan,Ablett,Buddy,Cox,Goddard . Sometimes costs me a bit more cash but doesnt stop me from upgrading my team fully

Ricochet

Quote from: Cicjose on October 02, 2012, 08:24:47 PM
only averaged more than 100 in one season over his career and

with the cats on the slide cant see it happening again
the last 6 years have all been 90+ tho... thats pretty handy for a fwd  ;)

Adamant

Quote from: Ricochet on October 03, 2012, 12:36:16 AM

the last 6 years have all been 90+ tho... thats pretty handy for a fwd  ;)
+1
And he would have averaged 100 this year if it werent for his sub-affected 1.

Shihan7

Holz

round 9, 10,11  gellong play port, GWS and GC. add to that he plays the dogs round 5 where he went 78 and 148 on last year.

Stevie J is probably the best example of a player who kills the weak team.

he does have quite a hard draw up to round 9 with the exception of the dogs but he did score 137 on the pies last year.

With the draw and the fact he has a good bye he will either be in my team round 1 or will be in my team round 9 as an early upgrade.

Adamant

Quote from: Holzman on October 31, 2012, 04:27:16 PM
round 9, 10,11  gellong play port, GWS and GC. add to that he plays the dogs round 5 where he went 78 and 148 on last year.

Stevie J is probably the best example of a player who kills the weak team.

he does have quite a hard draw up to round 9 with the exception of the dogs but he did score 137 on the pies last year.

With the draw and the fact he has a good bye he will either be in my team round 1 or will be in my team round 9 as an early upgrade.
Yeah, he averages like 155 against Melbourne, GWS and GC in the last 2 years :o
Seriously considering again.

Toga

i'll probably try to upgrade to him before round 9 i think...

Football Factory

One of the only decent round 12 premo's, think ill start with him cant be bothered using him as an upgrade target to save 60-80k ?

Driride

you really think the cats on the slide ????beware

Toga

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 31, 2012, 09:25:45 PM
One of the only decent round 12 premo's, think ill start with him cant be bothered using him as an upgrade target to save 60-80k ?

just throwing it out there, i don't like any of the rd 12 premo midfielders (apart from Andy Swallow and I think he's too much of a risk) so what about starting Stevie J as your M4 (assuming he gets DPP) and then swapping him into the forward line around rd 12?

Just a thought, trying to get my head around the byes still :P